Skills: Contracts Administration, Legal
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
Are you an experienced contracts specialist looking for a new opportunity?
Would you like to play a key role in winning new work and protecting project profitability?
Join our Flexible Pipe Systems team!
The Flexible Pipe Systems business supplies specialist unbonded flexible subsea flowline and riser systems globally. We devise smarter systems to control and monitor oil and gas extraction. Innovating in the energy industry, we connect subsea and surface with industry leading technology.
Partner with the best
As a Contracts Manager you will work closely with our global bid team to identify and provide practical solutions to mitigate contract risk, develop winning strategies and negotiate customer contract terms and conditions. During project execution you will provide sound contractual guidance to the project management team to protect project profitability.
The Contracts Manager will be responsible for:
- Reviewing customers' terms and conditions of purchase to identify commercial and contractual risk, drafting contract qualifications based on Baker Hughes terms of sale/risk profile while maintaining business objectives, recommending negotiation strategies, participating in customer contract negotiations
- Identifying policy deviations and providing assessment, guidance, and recommendations on key contractual risks in business deal reviews.
- Sharing information and guiding the bid team in commercial proposal preparation, including identification of suitable contracting models and existing frame agreements.
- Providing contractual guidance to bid team on confidentiality agreements, letters of intent and bank guarantees.
- Collaborating with Subject Matter Experts such as Legal, Finance, Tax and Insurance as required to ensure that all contracts comply with Baker Hughes' contracting guidelines.
- Providing daily support and guidance to project managers during project execution in matters such as contract interpretation, advising on variation orders and assisting in the resolution of any contractual and commercial disputes.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a bachelor's degree in Law/Business and/or relevant working experience in a contract negotiation role.
- Have knowledge of oil and gas contracts, terms and conditions and negotiation techniques.
- Have proven experience in providing commercial support in an international business environment, supplying to complex industries and organisations.
- Demonstrate capability to work effectively and communicate with all levels of the organisation.
- Be fluent in English (written and spoken) with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Be able to present complicated issues in an understandable way.
- Show exceptional analytical/critical thinking skills and a well-developed commercial acumen.
- Have the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work to tight schedules and deadlines.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- A mix of office first with an element of home working.
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.