Subsea Piping Design Engineer Are you passionate about being part of a successful team? Do you enjoy implementing innovative solutions? Join our Oilfield Equipment team!
For over a century we have been the leading energy technology company. We design, manufacture and service transformative technologies to help take energy forward. We harness the power of engineering, data, and science to redefine what's possible. Partner with the best
As a Subsea Piping Design Engineer, you will play a vital role in leading the creation of systems and solutions that fulfil both the business and technical needs of our customers. You'll be able to learn and evolve in an innovative environment, have the autonomy to make key decisions, solve problems and provide technical guidance to our regional team.
As the Subsea Piping Design Engineer , you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Leading/ supporting project execution activity, providing technical leadership/ support for the design, manufacture, test and installation scopes
- Performing and overseeing validation and verification against requirements and specifications, to establish compliance of proposed designs
- Documenting and sharing technical data for projects and tasks to ensure consistency with policies and procedures
- Preparing and presenting technical data to internal and external customers
- Ensuring products are designed in accordance with Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and industry specification and standards
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Have Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering with minimum 3 years of experience gained in subsea piping engineering in Oil and Gas, Energy, Industrial or renewables environment
- Demonstrate experience of collaborating with cross-functional teams in a global-matrix environment to deliver complex technical projects and solutions
- Have strong communication and presentation skills to articulate technical information in a clear and concise manner in English
- Demonstrate the ability to resolve issues quickly in a fast-moving environment
- Be a motivated self-starter, proactively taking the initiative to lead and solve problems
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing ANSI Y14.5M (GD&T)
- Experience performing Finite Element Analysis, preferably ANSYS
- Proficient using MS Office applications, MathCad, AutoCAD, CreO/ProE and TeamCenter.
- Knowledgeable of applicable codes and standards (such as related API, ASME, etc.)
- Understands general material types, coating types, welding, manufacturing techniques, corrosion protection, and NDE.
- Ability to work in a team environment on short or long-term projects
- Ability to handle multi-tasks and work under high pressure environment.
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. In this role, we can confidently offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working remotely from home or any other work location
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit in everything in and work when you are the most productive
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other. About Us
At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we develop and deploy industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward. For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we bring our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values ideas and new ways of thinking? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.