Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Leatherhead, United Kingdom
Petroplan are working closely with a large, global EPC business to help them recruit an exciting role within their Sales team.
You will possess strong Commercial acumen and a strong understanding of EPC projects / proposals and the process they follow.
You will work with an exceptional leadership and sales team on some of the largest and most interesting projects within the industry, with a global remit.
Inside Sales Manager - EPC - global remit
The primary responsibility of the Inside Sales Manager is to drive disciplined application of our sales process, efficient and accurate reporting, commercial leadership and proposal leadership/support.
The role is focused on Internal Sales. In partnership with sales leads and operations leaders, the Inside Sales Manager positions our client to win work and support the growth of the business. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Sales (Head of Inside Sales and Sales Administration) Flexible working can be discussed.
As Inside Sales Manager you will:
* Collaborate with the sales team to recognise efficiency via the share of materials, information, knowledge and best practices
* Ensure that costs are benchmarked and represent value for money within competition and selection process
* Produce sales reports for regional management, business unit and executive leadership
* Manage the regional Client Relationship Management System
* Improve day-to-day efficiencies (reporting, benchmarking)
* Support on the production of sales budgets / targets and department budgets
* Support sales and operations in research activities, including client, competitor and market research, development of core client strategies, participation in development of executive summaries and white papers
* Develop commercial principles and remuneration basis for pursuits and/or joint venture relationships (including direct engagement and ownership of partner discussions)
* Actively work with sales and operations to develop and implement upfront positioning action plans, including develop win plan, competitor analyses, strategy reviews, identify project teams
* Support sales leads with external meetings, presentations and negotiations (instances will require the candidate to lead these meetings)
* Undertake due diligence for commercial, legal and financial risks this includes seeking counsel from Legal, A&F, Tax, Treasury, Compliance, Anti-corruption / Due Diligence, Discipline Managers, Procurement / Subcontracts, Construction/Commissioning, Project Management, Operations, HR and Business Strategy to support proposals and negotiations to contract award.
* Manage proposal budgets
* Lead commercial effort on various pursuits through the lifecycle of bid process
* Support the Sales Handover Process covering the as-bid proposal, commercial and contractual elements
* Supporting the maintenance of data/information needed for the preparation of proposals
* Preparation of expressions of interest, pre-qualifications, client presentations and support on other sales and marketing activities
* Deputy for Senior Manager, Sales as required.
* University degree or equivalent
* Strong sales experience gained in the hydrocarbon contractor industry across the upstream and/or downstream markets
* Good understanding of sales / proposal principles
* Experience required in contracting principles and partnership arrangements
* Ideally a Chartered Engineer (CEng) or equivalent status
* Leadership and management - Performs assignments with light supervision and manages others in a matrix environment (including more senior individuals)
* Organisation - high degree of planning and organising skills
* Proactive and decisive - a dynamic individual that makes things happen
* Writing skills - must be able to write technical and commercial proposal text with persuasive and compelling arguments / justification
* Creativity - demonstrates creativity and foresight to develop innovative solutions / commercial offerings to differentiate us from our competitors
* Interpersonal skills - role requires frequent interchange of information and interaction with others. The individual must be an excellent communicator (including presenting to business leadership) and team player.
* Deadlines - works well under pressure of tight deadlines
* Flexibility -some evening or weekend work will be required on tight bid deadlines given the outreach of our global business. Overseas business trips may also be required. * Highly attentive to Quality and attention to detail
* Commercial focus with comprehensive analytical skills and strong eye for detail
* Multi-tasking - will be working on multiple activities/pursuits/teams in parallel
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.