The Maxwell Acquisition Software Engineer develops surface acquisition software systems used for data logging and action control of oil field downhole equipment. The position implements operational workflows exposed via the acquisition software to integrated data and controls according to key defining system qualities such as reliability, performance and downstream systems interoperability. Roles and Responsibiities:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Ensure the design and implementation satisfy key acquisition system responsivities (reliability, performance, others as relevant).
- Ensure integration and abstraction of hardware front-end and instrumentation during design and implementation phases.
- Able to make effective change through strong leadership and mentoring skills.
- Work well in a team environment and can meet deadlines.
- BS/MS/PhD in Science or Engineering with software experience or education.
- Min. 5 to 10 years' experience in a similar position/s.
- C/C++/C#, COM.
- Windows UI design/coding , WPF.
- Unit testing frameworks.
- Visual Studio and VSTS.
- Basic knowledge of WITSML, OPS, MODBUS, CAN, TCP/IP, Energetics/ETP Standards.
- Basic knowledge of SCADA (Software Control And Data Acquisition) systems.
- Reliability, MTBF, MTTR.
- Understand the system view in the context of the acquisition system (physics - sensor/actuator-acquisition/control instrumentation - acquisition software (acquire/control, compute, workflows, downstream interoperability deliverables/data streaming/downstream).
- Notions of real-time data and control systems (include as relevant: time synchronization, control loops & regulation).
- Understand the notion of real-time for the different level/partition of the acquisition system (hard real-time, soft real-time) and implement adequately against the real-time specifications.
- Awareness of appropriate industry standards and regulations (electrical, explosive, HSE).
- Self-driven, Proactive, Systems Thinking.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor-priority referral Protected Veterans requested.