Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Wood is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer in order to grow its Brisbane Mining and Mineral group.
This will be a full time role based in the Brisbane CBD, working on the detailed design of a concentrator for a project in Uzbekistan.
As a critical member of the team, you will assist in delivering critical metals projects (Battery and Magnet metals) all over the world, including Copper, Lithium, Vanadium, Rare Earths, and Base Metals projects.
Wood is at the forefront of engineering solutions for a net zero future. A key component of decarbonising the world is the Mining and Minerals Industry which supplies the critical minerals required for this revolution.
As a key part of the Wood team, you will be responsible for duties such as, but not limited to:
- Perform power system analysis studies using software - load flow, fault analysis, harmonic analysis studies and motor starting. Write reports based on these studies performed.
- Perform cable calculations and prepare cable schedules
- Maintain load and equipment lists
- Other activities related to the electrical engineering design of projects
Skills / Qualifications
To be the ideal candidate, you will have a minimum of two years of post-graduate experience. As part of this role, you can leverage off some of the industry's sharpest minds but you will join us with a proven track record of successfully delivering projects, a proactive nature, and willingness to learn. You will also have:
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering
- Be based in Brisbane
- Have some power system/network modelling experience gained at university or in the work environment, enjoy this work and be interested in further development of these skills
- Be willing to learn with an adaptable, flexible & positive attitude, ask questions when uncertain and prepared to work under the direction of a senior electrical engineer
- Have good microsoft excel skills, report writing and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work within deadlines
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
So much of our success depends on feeling part of a team with people around us that we can rely on. What unites us is our values. They set the tone, help create our culture, give us one common set of principles and help us all have a great experience at work.
If you're an Electrical Engineer, ready for a rewarding challenge, then Wood is keen to hear from you today.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.