Company: Baker Hughes Skills: Field Service Tech Experience: 4 + Years Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree Location: Mexico City, Ci, Mexico
Field Specialist - Controls & Instrumentation - Gas Turbine / Compressors
Are you passionate about providing complex technical solutions?
Would you relish being at the Centre of cutting-edge energy projects?
Join our Field Services team
Our Turbomachinery & Process Solutions team provides industry-leading products and services that optimize the extraction, production, and processing of energy. We help a diverse range of customers across the value chain to reduce operating costs and improve productivity.
Partner with the best
You will be responsible for technical direction and safe site leadership of onsite installation, operational maintenance, testing, startup activities on Gas turbine, Steam Turbine, Compressors and Generators controls & instrumentation systems in accordance with engineering best practice and contractual work scope requirements primarily within Mexico and other Latin-American countries.
As a Field Specialist - Controls & Instrumentation - Gas Turbine / Compressors, you will be responsible for:
• Providing direction and assistance to work groups to meet assigned objectives.
• Providing technical direction, assistance to customers in the operation, maintenance, repair, safe handling, and product's installation.
• Providing on-site interpretation of data and technical instruction.
• Providing technical assistance through on-site guidance and training in operations, maintenance, and troubleshooting techniques.
• Assisting customers in scheduling maintenance and workload assuring that equipment and parts requirements meet established schedules.
• Making recommendations on findings, reviewing effectiveness of maintenance actions to identify future needs.
• Using initiative and experience to interpret and communicate significant market intelligence and sales opportunities.
• Overseeing, overhaul, troubleshooting, commissioning, and start-up of rotating equipment (BH TPS portfolio products) at customer sites
• Control & Instrumentation - SPEEDTRONIC MARK family; Woodward Micronet; PLC, RX3i, DLE Mapping, DLN Tuning, etc.
• Preparing and updating technical documentation, plans, daily and weekly briefing reports for customers and internal cross-functional teams
• Ensuring internal training, compliance and quality documentation is updated, followed, and completed according to company standards
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
• Have a bachelor's degree from accredited university or college
• Have 4 or more years of experience in field service or maintenance position.
• Demonstrate the ability to understand and implement technical drawings (wiring diagram, P&ID, General Arrangement, etc.)
• Have knowledge in rotating equipment control philosophy (Gas Turbine, Steam Turbine, Centrifugal and Reciprocating Compressors)
• Have knowledge in field devices, instruments, and actuators.
• Have Knowledge and experience on MKVI, MKVIe BKR control systems, Woodward/Micronet.
• Have knowledge in unit control panel (UCP), motor control center (MCC), direct current panel (DCP) and firefighting system installation and commissioning.
• Be fluent in English, both spoken and written, Portuguese is a plus.
• Be able to travel worldwide 80% of the time (on and offshore).
• Be Legally authorized to work in MEXICO, PERU, OR COLOMBIA for this opening.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
• Standard working schedule supporting the client's needs
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
• Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
• Comprehensive private medical care options
• Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
• Tailored financial programs
• Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!
About Us: With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Join Us: Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.