Skills: Project Management
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Chelmsford, Massachusetts, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a North US Region Manager for the East US Business Group. The position requires a diverse background with management experience which includes a broad knowledge of public and private sector markets across a wide range of services including, but not limited to; Civil Engineering, Infrastructure, Water Resources, Facilities Design, Transportation, Environmental Consulting, Program/Construction Management and Environmental Remediation.
Open to any major Wood E&IS office location in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Virginia
Objectives of the Role
- Work closely with office and project managers to deliver profitable, safe, and sustainable projects and services for our clients.
- Lead a diversified practice that includes environmental and infrastructure consulting services.
- Drive profitability and growth across all offices and service offerings
- Attract and retain key personnel through effective leadership and visibility in the marketplace.
- Plan and lead Business Development activities focused on growth markets and opportunities within the region.
Strategic Thinking and Client Development:
- Identify trends and develop a long-term view of the industry, market, and client base.
- Anticipate medium- and long-term client needs and industry dynamics.
- Drive sales opportunities through entire spectrum of E&IS services and champion cross-divisional approach.
- Leverage Wood's Global Technical Expertise Network as well as other East US and West US offices to provide clients best technical solution to increase market share.
- Adapt to changing market conditions.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Develops and delivers financial targets for the business (revenue, profit, and cash)
- Leads employee development and advancement opportunities across the region.
- Establishes the right safety culture to ensure employees work safely and effectively.
- Promotes company values, behaviors and ethics and delivers high levels of employee engagement.
- Coordinates business development efforts within the region
- Participates in marketing presentations to key clients.
- Identifies and sponsors clients of regional and national significance.
- Identifies new geographic and technical markets.
- Serves as technical consultant on significant projects and proposals.
- Directs senior-level regional technical personnel to make most effective use of their time.
- Recruits and promotes a highly effective team of Office Managers and key senior staff.
- Promotes teamwork and collaboration between offices across the company.
- Provides oversight of office business operations in areas of staff utilization, pricing, revenues, quality assurance and control, and loss prevention/risk management.
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. or M.S. Engineering, Scientific Discipline, or related technical field
- 15 + years of related experience
- Appropriate professional registration or certification
- Certification as Principal and Project Manager
- Participation in technical/professional organizations and recognition as a leader in field
Experience and Knowledge:
- Must possess diversified experience by practice and client sector.
- Proven track record as a successful P&L manager across multiple offices
- Skill and knowledge to successfully work with key clients in the Public and Private sector
- Proven experience in building rapport and trust with key clients, business leaders, and team members
- Possess experience of successfully leading operations with many people in a diversified practice environment.
- Skilled at developing and refreshing strategic plans at the regional level, consistent with the overall strategic goals of the organization.
- Proven teambuilding and influencing skills.
- Known for sustaining long-term client relationships.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, creative, and innovative
- Mature technical and managerial judgment
- Advanced understanding of the company's resources, capabilities, business practices and financial model
- Demonstrated ability in leadership, management, administration, and business development resulting in significant profit generation.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships.
- Experience in developing and implementing marketing strategies and budgets.
- Vast industry knowledge and extensive contacts to generate significant business.
- Technical aptitude and interest; thorough knowledge of the firm's capabilities; company-wide perspective
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.