The Test Engineer is responsible for applying engineering knowledge and technical expertise to prevent or reduce the likelihood of failure of internal products and services. The role uses various methodologies and tools to work closely with the design team to identify, prevent and mitigate failure modes during development, manufacture, deliver and support our products and services to achieve operational reliability. Roles and Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Guide the project team in the implementation of reliability engineering methodologies, techniques, standards, procedures and the application of appropriate statistical tools.
- With the project team, set reliability targets for products under development.
- Gather field reliability data, populate the reliability model and identify areas of concern.
- Calculate cumulative effect on final system reliability of individual part reliabilities, identify gaps and determine appropriate actions to achieve customer specified operational reliability.
- Conduct technical risk analysis such as a FMEA to determine specific risk areas. Develop tests to be conducted based as identified by FMEA results.
- Rationalize tests to be conducted to determine sample size, test methods and other details that will produce efficient, statistically valid results.
- Monitor the test program and recommend adjustments as needed to meet reliability targets.
- Participate in technical design reviews and contribute solutions to reliability related issues.
- Coordinate root cause analysis of failed items.
- Compile and communicate lessons learned and ensure prevention of failures by archiving captured knowledge for re-use.
- Monitor and analyze key reliability indicators during product development and after commercialization, and keep management informed.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement or creation of procedures, processes and technologies associated with experiments, tests and the overall V&V methodology.
- Assume responsibility for the creation, content, adoption and reporting of test plans and programs.
- Assume responsibility for the assessment and optimization of test plans and programs with respect to coverage, efficiency and project risk reduction.
- Optimize the effectiveness and efficiency of individual tests and broader product testing programs by applying and tailoring standard tests or creating specialized tests.
- Employ techniques such as data acquisition, signal and noise analysis, significance studies, sample set optimization, confidence intervals, confidence levels and statistical analysis.
- Anticipate test failure modes and events. Engineer tests so as to record and provide effective investigative test data.
- Contribute to analytical and investigative activities such as FMEA, Hazard Analysis and Risk Control, and RCA. Integrate these and associated methodologies into the development, execution and analysis of experiments and tests.
- Execute experiments and tests or oversee their execution by technicians, as required.
- Bachelors Degree minimum requirement (Mechanical or Electrical preferred).
- 2-3 years technical engineering experience preferred.
- Design for Reliability Engineering or Test Engineering experience preferred.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.