Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: HR - General, PR / Corporate Communications
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Communications (DEI) Leader (Corporate Affairs)
Do you have a passion for fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace?
Bring your new ideas, drive, and advanced communication skills to our team!
This global position plays a critical role in building internal and external understanding and support of the Baker Hughes commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Partner with the best
As the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Communications Leader, you will support the Chief DEI Officer to develop and execute a communications strategy to progress DEI objectives both internally and externally.
As an energy technology company, we recognize we must deliver more energy with less carbon. It won't be easy, and it won't be solved by a single individual, but rather by teams and collective effort. That's why it's important to us to promote an environment where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work, where people feel a strong sense of belonging, and have access to opportunities to apply their expertise to solve some of the world's toughest energy challenges.
As the Inclusion and Diversity Communications Leader, you will be responsible for:
- Developing and executing plans that position the Chief DEI Officer and other key business leaders internally and externally on important DEI issues
- Working with the Global Employee & HR Communications Director and Chief DEI Officer to identify opportunities to partner with external organizations and causes that align with our DEI strategy
- Partnering with various groups to develop and drive social media and thought leadership that enable us to showcase our DEI commitment, voice, and accomplishments
- Collaborating with, connecting, and empowering global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to communicate key initiatives
- Partnering with business and HR leadership on the design and implementation of communication plans to attract, retain, and promote a diverse workforce
- Ensuring a smart, common look and feel to all DEI communications, including advising ERG teams on communication strategy and style
- Shaping, building, and keeping current DEI pages on Baker Hughes internal and external platforms, in coordination with web and intranet teams
- Working across a variety of teams and coordinating multiple projects simultaneously, occasionally supporting external communications where appropriate
- Partnering with the HR and enterprise communications team to ensure a holistic approach to internal and external communications
Note: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a bachelor's degree in communications or a related discipline
- Have extensive (10+ yrs) experience in communications, public relations, or journalism
- Have advanced experience working on DEI initiatives
- Be a self-starter who thrives on building relationships and implementing new ideas
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Option to work remotely
- Flexible hours - Adjusting the times when you work in the day to help manage work/life balance, , and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We recognize that when our employees are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work, we all benefit. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050, and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Make a difference in a company with a global reach and an exciting future. Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees, customers and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work.About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.