Skills: Hydraulic & Pneumatic, Maintenance Technician, Mechanical Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
Do you enjoy facilities and maintenance?
Are you a Maintenance Technician looking for a new perspectives ?
Join our Flexible Pipe Systems team
We devise smarter systems to control and monitor oil and gas extraction. Innovating in the energy industry, our subsea and surface pressure capabilities are industry-leading. Our bespoke Production Facility in Newcastle Upon Tyne manufactures Flexible Pipelines for the Global Oil & Gas Market.
Partner with the best
We are looking for Technicians who have a good background in both Facility and Equipment Maintenance, and who are looking for an opportunity to expand their knowledge of traditional maintenance programmes and improve equipment reliability through Condition Monitoring systems and data collection techniques, in order to drive true Condition based Maintenance.
As a Maintenance / Facilities Technician (Dayshift), you will be responsible for:
- Executing the Preventive Maintenance Strategy across the range of Rotating Assets and Process Equipment onsite
- Performing Defect Elimination and RCA activities to improve equipment reliability and availability
- Supporting Production with any machinery issues and breakdowns
- Supporting sub-contractors and OEM to maintain and upgrade equipment during planned shutdowns
- Using the Maximo CMMS system, logging all work, identifying work to be completed, and developing work orders and job plans for equipment maintenance
- Supporting Management of Change in relation to Equipment modifications, ensuring that stakeholders are involved, and changes are communicated effectively to Production
- Supporting FMECA to assess obsolescence and determine Critical Electrical/Hydraulic/Mechanical Spares to be held onsite
- Driving high levels of Safety through adherence to all Permit to Work requirements such Confined Space, LOTO and SSOW, following all Combined Operating Instructions and Risk Assessments / Method Statements
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a recognised Electrical / Mechanical apprenticeship
- Have proven Hydraulic / Pneumatic maintenance experience
- Have experience with PLC's, AC Vector Drives and DC Drive Controllers
- Have experience in Facilities and Building Maintenance Systems
- Have good Electrical knowledge (LV + HV)
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Flexibility within the day or week to get the job done
- This is a day-shift based working pattern - Talk to us about your desired flexible working options when you apply
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.