Skills: Risk Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Brussels, Belgium
At Eni, we are looking for a Market Risk Analyst within EGEM in Brussels, Belgium. You will be responsible for planning Perform monthly and quarterly account closing and reconciliation activities, interface with BO, Planning &Control and Accounting teams .
Eni is one of the leading integrated energy companies with activities in exploration, production, transport, and marketing of oil and natural gas. Eni has a market capitalisation of €33bn and has a €70bn turnover. It is not only a leading international upstream Company but also Europe's largest natural gas Company.
In January 2021, Eni integrated the Gas, LNG, Power & Emission related activities to form Eni Global Energy Markets. EGEM internationally trades Gas, LNG, Power & Emissions and Oil derivatives (mainly to hedge GLP Business contracts) while maintaining the full capabilities and trading activities of the former ETS GLP business. The integration of the trading activities into EGEM enables Eni to capture additional business opportunities in the market, EGEM will carry out physical and financial transactions on behalf of Eni Group and other activities related to management of the opportunity and flexibility of Eni's portfolio of assets. EGEM's headquarter office is in Milan, the company also has offices in London, Brussels and Singapore.
Eni has a substantial and growing LNG supply portfolio, with a global reach. The current 5.5Mtpa portfolio is expected to double in size over the next five years, with growth coming predominantly from Eni's own upstream assets.
As a member of Analyst Team at EGEM you will be responsible for:
- Reporting timely and accurately daily market exposure and Profit and Loss for gas trading books; Analysis of the P&L by trading strategy and by P&L drivers (commodity market moves/FX/IR/option greeks);
- Calculating of risk metrics like VaR and stress;
- Dealing with all issues related to hitting Stop Loss and Var limits
- Analysing and understanding of the positions being run on the desk and ensuring these fit within the risk framework of the organization.
- Spotting and remedy any problems with relevant data (transaction, market or reference data);
- Maintaining a good knowledge of market conditions through the use of provided tools;
- Monitoring traders' adherence against their delegated authority;
- Contributing to new business initiatives, systems or process improvement projects;
- Driving the continuous improvement of daily reporting processes
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to support other EGEM/ENI functions;
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements :
- Highly organized, good attention to detail and ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Very good Excel knowledge, preferably working knowledge in VBA and programming of macros.
- Team worker and experience in working in an international and multi-location organization.
- Previous working experience (preferably in energy trading environment)
- Relevant experience within a Market Risk environment in a trading company would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and understanding of energy markets and the financial instruments commonly used for risk management of a trading activity would be an advantage
- Knowledge of risk metrics such as VaR, stress tests, scenario analysis,
- Knowledge of one or more ETRM systems (e.g. Endur) or BI tools (e.g. QlikSense) would be an advantage
- Language knowledge: English (Fluent)
GEM offices at Guimardstraat 1/A, 1040 Brussels, Belgium, International business travel maybe required
At Eni, people are the key to our success, which is why our values are focused on diversity, and lifelong learning.
Eni evaluates applications regardless of candidates' personal and cultural characteristics or orientations. If your application is among those most in line with the required profile, you will be contacted to continue the selection process .
Together we have greater energy.
Welcome to Eni – and your future with a dynamic global business that operates across the entire energy supply chain. Eni’s 30,000 employees can be found on virtually every continent. Throughout the 67 countries we operate in, we work on some of the most significant energy projects in the world.
Our activities span oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
We’ve grown dramatically since our beginnings in 1953, but we’ve stayed true to our roots in many ways. Today we may be one of the largest companies in Italy and among the world’s most successful oil and gas companies in exploration, but our culture remains genuinely people-focused. Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations.
As for the future, we’re adapting to rapidly shifting market conditions as we complete our transformation into a fully integrated oil and gas company. Through our strong commitment to digitalisation and decarbonisation, Eni will continue to create sustainable value within this changing energy landscape.
We’re not only one of the world’s most successful energy companies — we pride ourselves on being a dynamic and exciting place to work as well. If you join us, you’ll play a key role in shaping the energies of the future.
At Eni you’ll enjoy a progressive, inclusive and forward-thinking environment, and a wide range of benefits and rewards. We care about our people's growth, which is why we invest in talent and offer development pathways to give everyone the same opportunity to flourish with us.
Reasons to join us
- Take on exciting challenges: Eni's focus is on big and ambitious projects. You'll take on challenging but rewarding work to help us extract energy at depths never reached before.
- A multicultural working environment: You’ll join a dynamic setting with cutting-edge facilities, the latest technology, and a rich and interesting mix of people from all backgrounds and specialisms.
- Make a difference in the world: Our purpose extends further than supplying energy to power the world. Sustainable development and respect for the environment is at the heart of everything that we do.
- Training and career growth: We provide training opportunities at the highest standard and encourage self-development, both in a personal capacity and a professional one.
- Compensation and incentive programmes: We reward you for your commitment and success through our competitive compensation policy, which is bespoke to each location’s local regulations.
- Pension programmes: Depending on your location, you could enrol in one of our contributory pension programmes.