Program Manager - Silver Peak Projects Department
: Capital Projects Location:
Silver Peak, NV
NOTE: Options available for regional assignment (Las Vegas or Reno areas) with 3-4 days/week at site. Reports To:
US Lithium Site Capital Projects Manager Job Summary
Lead a program of capital projects related to ongoing sustaining and expansion activities at the Silver Peak, NV site in the US Lithium Global Business Unit (GBU). Collaborate with engineering, manufacturing, commercial, and process technology (PT) stakeholders to successfully develop, manage, coordinate and execute associated projects. Manage and lead the project team to ensure safe and predictable outcomes. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Business, Function, & Team Leadership:
- Lead a cross functional team of project practitioners to define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with stakeholders: including meetings, setting of priorities, evaluating comments/requests and ensuring stakeholder's approval.
- Develop project execution plans, manage issues and risks, drive issue resolution, direct resources to deliver successful projects
- Lead and manage both internal and external project resources to ensure project success
- Ensure adequate tracking and reporting controls are established to evaluate the project's progress and schedule performance. Works with project management as well as contracting & procurement to ensure requirements are included in commercial documents.
- Track and communicate project status, risks, and key milestones to internal (GBU) project stakeholders, and adjust project plans, budget requests and/or resources as required to meet project requirements
- Create detailed work breakdown structures for successful implementation strategies
- Responsible for all project deliverables, either developed internally or by approved 3rd party service providers, ensuring adequate front-end engineering and scope development, along with overseeing the detailed design and construction efforts to meet project requirements
- Ensure the accuracy of design information - according to corporate specifications and standards - whether done by company personnel or by outside contractors prior to being issued for design/construction
- In coordination with US Lithium Engineering Manager, lead the development of the design basis for all project technical disciplines. Review technical feasibility of proposed solutions to engineering problems. Ensure constructability reviews are used in project phases to validate the completeness and operability of designs.
- Work with assigned project managers to develop robust FEL design packages, utilizing approved engineering service providers
- Lead construction organization (consisting of managers and supervisors) to ensure adequate construction planning and safe work during the execution phase of the project
- Ensure teams (internal and external) review and revise engineering specifications and standards as required by supervision or as needed to ensure compliance with industry and regulatory requirements
- Maintain quality and timeliness of safety activities and deliverables throughout the project delivery process. Participate in HSE reviews, permit audits and housekeeping inspections. Ensures that process hazard analysis open/action items are adequately addressed in engineering deliverables prior to full project funding
- Display and champion the company's Core Values on the project team
- Organize and lead steering team meetings to ensure clear communication and alignment with senior management.
- Maintain constant vigilance for personal and surrounding worker safety, communicate unsafe conditions immediately, and provide direction to ensure design and construction are always performed in a safe and injury free manner.
- Consult extensively with internal and external SMEs, with a high degree of reliance placed on scientific interpretation and advice.
- Provide stakeholders and senior management with practical solutions to improve the quality, time, and cost outcomes for the program (continuous improvement)
- Mentor project staff on strategic and business aspects of projects.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or related technical field from an accredited university
- Professional Engineering (PE) license or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus
- 10 or more years of experience in a petrochemical, mining or similar industrial environment
- Minimum of 8 years working as project lead in a petrochemical, mining, or industrial manufacturing environment with progressive demonstration of experience on executing capital projects. It is preferred that the experience is a mix of time in office as well as time in a plant or manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 4 years of management or supervisory experience in an Owner organization
- Extensive in-depth knowledge of technical deliverables such as P&ID's, mechanical, civil/structural/architectural, electrical, instrumentation and controls designs and drawings
- Working knowledge of engineering design tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate with senior level leadership within an organization.
- Effective at working with other staff members and plant personnel in a fast-paced environment.
- Works effectively within a project stage-gate system environment including essential success factors for early phase and execution projects
- Demonstrated knowledge of the ability to read, understand, and modify or develop project technical documentation across all technical disciplines
- Must be able to solve problems quickly, completely, accurately, and to the satisfaction of all parties involved.
- Knowledge of a variety of project contracting strategies
- Ability to supervise internal and external multi-disciplined teams
- Knowledge of project controls, including estimating, planning/scheduling, risk management, productivity measurement and cost control. Proficient at developing, interpreting, and evaluating project reports
Reports to this position:
- Direct Project Team:
- Construction Managers/Coordinators
- Project Delivery Managers
- Program Technical Advisor
- Others as required
- Project Services (Embedded project support from other functions):
- Project Controls Lead
- Engineering Lead and Discipline Support
- Procurement Lead
- Others as required
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.