Skills: IT - Programming & Database
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Galway, County Galway, Ireland
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Ireland is looking for graduate engineers for our busy Galway Engineering office. Our dedicated engineering teams offer a wide range of consultancy services to an international client base. Our capabilities include design and operational support, engineering and design analysis, technical advisory services, and te development of bespoke software and visualisation tools and services. We support clients in various industry sectors across a diverse profile of global energy projects.
At Wood Galway we offer a diverse range of services to our clients, so we are open to consider applications from a wide range of technical areas including Physics, Civil Structural, Energy Systems, or Mechanical Engineering. As a Graduate engineer you will have access to extensive in-house training materials and support in your career development.
Wood is a multi-disciplinary global engineering business. Our engineers have access to significant career development prospects and opportunities to travel.
- Provide engineering support and consultancy to a global client base in the energy sector
- Work within multi-disciplined teams on diverse energy projects to support the planning, and execution of work scopes for a range of large installation, operations support and off-shore projects
- Support both design and analysis activities for structures and equipment used in subsea operating environments
- Preparation of engineering technical reports, specifications and drawings
- Provide technical support for proposal and tender package preparation
- Support the management, manipulation and analysis of monitored production data
- Management of engineering anomaly databases using best available technologies
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and help implement their adoption
Skills / Qualifications
- Strong inter-personal, presentation and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to learn and develop technical and engineering expertise
- Technical report writing and excel
- Communication skills and teamworking is a key part of our working culture and strong customer relationships
- Understanding of the fundamentals of physics and mathematics in engineering applications
- Familiarity with engineering software analysis and modelling tools such as FEA methodologies will be beneficial
- An interest in coding/programming and the management of data and information
- Our opportunities are ideally suited to recent graduates or candidates with some relevant engineering experience
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.