Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for an Asset Manager - Onshore Wind for a permanent position, located in Edinburgh.
Our client is building a sustainable future through wind power and other renewable technologies, in partnership with local communities.
As Asset Manager/Portfolio Lead you'll have responsibility of managing a range of Onshore assets, ensuring that the day to day performance of the asset is in line with the business plan. Through close working relationships with the O&M teams, you will pursue optimising the performance and returns, whilst also looking to identify continual improvements. You will also oversee a variety of operational, commercial and financial matters associated to the running of their operational portfolio and a diverse mix of technologies.
Our ambition is to be a distinctive and recognised leader in the UK and Ireland, developing our assets under operation to c.5GW by 2030.
- Ensure the contractual compliance with all commercial agreements as well as stakeholder relationships to include; equity investors, OEMs, Independent Engineers and landowners
- As applicable, in coordination with the O&M team as well as the OEM team, monitor and challenge the operational performance and optimisation metrics to achieve the portfolio's highest possible availability of generation
- Prepare and manage internal and external forecasts, internal and external budgets, financial and operational variance reports, and other ad hoc reports as needed, relevant to their allocated sites
- Develop & Manage processes and procedures that outline the expected standards for managing the assets.
- Work with project teams during site development stages to ensure projects owner's considerations are addressed. Assure that the projects' transition from Implementation Phase to Commercial Operation is successful and monitor that the Implementation's Punch List items are completed on time, and all pre-COD obligations are fulfilled
- Facilitate collaboration amongst organisational cross-functional teams as conditions necessitate finding resolutions for any operational, financial, commercial or technical issues
- Interface with internal teams such as Performance, Engineering, Procurement, Finance, Development, Operations and Maintenance teams to optimise major repairs, contingency plans, necessary capital investments, payback periods, project returns and life extension options
- Profit & Loss Responsibility of assigned renewable energy assets
- Ensuring accurate and timely management reporting across the portfolio
- The successful candidate will be an experienced Asset Manager/Portfolio Lead with the ability to demonstrate excellent problem solving, a high degree of organisational ability and experience in managing a portfolio of Renewables assets.
- Whilst navigating easily between a wide range tasks will be integral to this role, so will strong stakeholder management and an ability to work in and manage activities across a rapidly evolving and growing business.
- We are seeking an individual who is university Degree qualified in either Engineering or Business discipline, with strong experience in wind (onshore) asset management.
- Ideally, you will have experience in an Energy company, Advisory or Investment group looking after a group or portfolio of assets or sites.