Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.Job Description
The Process and control Systems Department is seeking a Communications Engineer to work under Plant Network Group to carry out the responsibilities/duties related to communications infrastructure, Engineering Standards and Procedures, and the adoption of emerging technologies.Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyze and evaluate existing/emerging technologies and propose efficient and cost-effective networking solutions.
- Evaluate fiber optics cabling, transmission systems, wireless & data networking projects and design documents and offer/recommend improvements and enhancements.
- Provide technical consultancy and support to project, Oil operations and other user organization on all wireless and data networking related issues.
- Assist maintenance organizations in communications trouble shooting.
- Create/Establish company standards on communications cabling, transmission system, wireless, data networking using existing and approved industry standards.
- Track industry trends and developments on wired communication, wireless and data networking and propose/recommend enhancements.
- Conduct training courses in Fiber Optics and Transmission System, wireless and data networking for in-experienced and trainee engineers.
- Evaluate related vendors and vendor products for acceptance. Mentor newly hired trainee engineers during their development stages.
- Make technical presentations to management and in technology forums.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Communications
- 8 years of experience in:
- Communication infrastructure, transmission systems, outside plant fiber optics, Communication Building cabling standard, design, implementation.
- Wired and Wireless Networking and communications experience in Oil and Gas inside plants communications and networking.
- Communications infrastructure design and implementations with strong background on grounding, power requirements and GPR studies for communications infrastructure.
- Designing and implementing Plants Automations, Data/Digital Communications and Networking Architecture, Wireless technology and services, communications protocols, systems architecture design and interfaces inside Oil and Gas operating plants' facilities and substations.
- knowledgeable with BICSI and preferably with RCDD and OSP certifications.
BICSI certification is preferred.
Fundamentals of Engineering, Professional Engineering, Chartered Engineer, or equivalent certification is highly desirable. Working environment
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.