Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.Overview
We are seeking a Downstream Strategy & Planning Engineer to join our Strategy & Capital Planning Division within the Business Optimization Department (BOD) of our Downstream Business Line. BOD is responsible for all Downstream refining and affiliates assets' operations, planning, profit and loss, and capital plans.
The Downstream Strategy & Planning Engineer's primary role is to review and recommend capital plans in line with our Downstream strategy.Key Responsibilities
- Assist in the technical development and economic justification of capital programs and alternatives to proposed capital projects.
- Liaise with other departments to identify growth opportunities and capture synergies between assets.
- Study, identify and recommend margin improvements opportunities in current refining and chemicals assets in context with the competitive landscape and market fundamentals.
- Support sustainability projects in line with environmental standards and decarbonization targets.
- Provide commercial and technical expertise in executing the downstream strategy, including appraisal of strategic options, identification of strategic tradeoffs and implementation plans.
- Assist in developing and reviewing commercial agreements.
- A Bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering or related field.
- At least 15 years of professional experience in business development, with a strong track record of economic and commercial evaluations for major chemicals and refining projects, and a deep understanding of associated operations and integration of assets.
- LP experience, preferably with PIMS, to evaluate business cases in different development scenarios.
- An in-depth and current understanding of the global energy market and its trends, as well as economic and financial models.
Title : Fundamental of Engineers (FE)
Req./Pref. : Preferred Working environment
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.