Skills: Structural Engineering, Civil Construction
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Atyrau, Kazakhstan
Wood has an immediate need for a Lead CSA Engineer to join our Operations business in support of one of our key energy clients in Atyrau, Kazakhstan, on a 6x2 rotation working 6 days per week. This role is an initial 12-month contract, it is expected to develop into a longer-term ongoing assignment.
Wood "Operations" delivers brownfields engineering, procurement, construction, optimisation and technical services to the Oil & Gas industry and enjoys long-term partnerships with some of the region's most prominent producers.
In this highly visible role, your scope of work for the Civil/Structural group includes steel pipe-racks, and bridges, access stairs and platforms, buildings, reinforced concrete foundations and below ground structures, earthworks, roads, drainage, and occasional architectural work.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Management planning, budgeting, organising, coordinating and budgeting of Civil/Structural Discipline
- Structural analysis, design, specification and services related to concrete and steel structures for pipe racks, pipe bridges, buildings, and all types of oil-field infrastructure
- Checking calculations and designs by national engineers and provide feedback to encourage them to improve their engineering skills
- Providing engineering input to Basis of Design, Design Reports and FEED studies
- Supervising preparation of Job Packs and Material Requisitions
- Under general supervision, independently apply advanced engineering techniques, makes decisions on engineering problems and methods, and represents the organization in conferences to resolve important questions or to negotiate with key engineers and officials of other organisations
- Providing technical guidance to designers and less experienced engineers and is consulted extensively by associates and others
- Providing mentoring and training to national engineers and supporting employee performance appraisals
At Wood you will join an inclusive and diverse global community of inquisitive minds and recognised industry innovators, partnering to create new possibilities...
Skills / Qualifications
Ideally, you will be a suitably qualified in Civil / Structural Engineering from a recognised institution and have 20+ years of proven experience working in an engineering / EPC office environment within the Brownfield's Oil & Gas industry. Certification as a Licensed/Chartered Professional Engineer is preferred.
You will have :
- In-depth technical knowledge of Civil / Structural Engineering across Conceptual, Front End and Detailed Design
- Extensive design knowledge of applicable codes and standards (national / international)
- Ability to manage risk during the design process consistent with safety, technical and commercial requirements
- Commercially and contractually savvy and able to manage budgets
- Proven experience in leadership roles on multidisciplined projects and managing teams of Engineers
- Excellent analytical, literacy and numerical skills
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with proven experience in client facing roles
What will set you apart will be your 5+ years of relevant experience working in a similar Lead Civil / Structural Engineering role
It takes an inclusive and diverse global community of inquisitive minds to unlock solutions to tomorrows most critical challenges.
If you are Lead Civil / Structural Engineer and looking for your next project in the Oil & Gas industry apply today!
Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.