Skills: Environmental Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Reading, England, United Kingdom
Wood is seeking enthusiastic and dedicated individuals to join our highly experienced and friendly ecology team to support in the delivery of some exciting and varied projects across the UK. These roles can be based in either Bristol, Reading, Leamington, Birmingham, Shrewsbury or Gosforth.
These full-time roles will provide an excellent step on the consultancy ladder for the perfect candidate who wishes to progress their career in ecology.
Why work for Wood?
The Wood ecology team is comprised of around 70 specialists, providing high quality ecological services on complex projects in a variety of sectors including transport, renewables, nuclear, power, waste, minerals, and property.
Working at Wood offers unique opportunities to develop both personally and professionally, with a strong focus on work-life balance and support for all colleagues within a friendly, close-knit team. Early career ecologists are fully supported through line management, a mentoring and buddy system, with opportunities to join a variety of working groups within the business. This allows our ecologists to shape a flexible and tailored career path within the business, with support from colleagues with a wide range of technical and non-technical expertise.
- Competitive salary
- Annual professional membership subscription
- Funding to attend internal and external technical training courses to develop technical knowledge and skills
- Company car or cash alternative
- Competitive 25 days holiday with options to buy / sell up additional days leave
- Flexible benefits scheme including health insurance, life assurance, flexible working, cycle to work scheme and contributory pension scheme
- TOIL / overtime system
You will work closely with other ecology team members and with colleagues in other technical disciplines to help deliver surveys to a high standard for clients. You will undertake a broad range of ecological survey work across our diverse project portfolio, with opportunities to act as lead surveyor and assist with technical report writing. The role will include:
- Assisting with ecological surveys including protected species (bats, reptiles, badgers, great crested newts) and habitat surveys
- Collating and reviewing ecological information for desk studies
- Potential to assist with data management, the production of reports and mapping
Skills / Qualifications
- An ecology or related degree
- Willingness and eagerness to learn about ecology and wildlife legislation
- Ability to work well within a team
- Strong work ethic with an aptitude to show initiative
- Good communication and organisation skills
- Reliability, flexibility, and a willingness to work unsociable hours and work away from home if required
- Clean, full U.K. driver's licence
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.