Skills: HR - General, Payroll
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
Company: Puglisevich Crews and Services Limited (In-House)
Working Hours: 40 hours per week
Job Status: Full Time
Salary: $50,000.00 plus benefits (medical, dental and RRSP)
Job Summary: As the Payroll & Benefits Coordinator, you will be responsible primarily for preparing, processing, and implementing all payroll functions and enrolling and understanding benefit programs.
What You'll Do
As a key member of our team, you will:
- Prepare and process weekly and semimonthly payroll (experience with large volume considered an asset)
- Completing ROE's and T4 slips as required
- Investigating both payroll and employee benefits enquiries
- Analyzing and making payroll adjustments as necessary
- Maintaining the employee payroll database
- Interpreting and adhering to all company policies and government regulations relative to the payroll process
- Ensuring compliance with Payroll Legislation
- Enrolling employees for various benefits
- Remaining up to date concerning payroll and benefit issues through all applicable policies and resources available.
- Assist employees with disability claims
- Complete contracts and personnel files
- Expenses and Training
- Logistics for Employees (crew change/training, etc.)
- Worker compensation management
- Other duties as required
What You'll Need
- 1-2+ years' experience in a payroll role
- Professional payroll designation (PCP or CPM) through the Canadian Payroll Association would be considered an asset
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel
- Experience with PayWorks, PAYCHEX and, Sage300 are considered an asset
- Must be well organized; accuracy and attention to detail required
- Working in a confidential setting and dealing effectively with employees/clients in sensitive situations.
- Strong multi-tasking abilities, self-directed and self-motivated
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
The above is intended as a summary of the key requirements for the position and is not intended to be complete list of all duties and responsibilities.
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications, and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Position Payroll & Benefits Coordinator Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: