Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Staines-upon-Thames, England, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project HSSE Advisor (contract or Fixed Term) to be based in our Staines and client's office. This is a exciting energy transition IPMT project, which will last for around 18 months.
Ensure that all HSE aspects are undertaken in accordance with UK laws and regulations and existing Good Industry Practice in the following areas:
- Support implementation and management of the full chain Regulatory Compliance Management Plan
- Identify and support compliance with the applicable regulatory requirements for the project including compliance with the Development Consent Order (DCO) requirements, COMAH regulations, etc. and engagement with regulatory bodies and associated stakeholders including landowners. Provide a coordinated approach to regulatory compliance across the project
- Support verification of Contractors' health, safety and environmental management processes
- Support the delivery of HSE training programme and matrix across the project.
- Support the development and implementation of the crisis and continuity management and emergency response process and plans. Develop overall project CCM&ER plan for the project and agree with Client CCM&ER function. Deliver CCM&ER plans for contractor offices and Client site offices (as and when needed as offices are occupied).
- Support the delivery of project medical emergency response plans, Support project account for people (A4P) process, its implementation and test before execute entry.
- Support project with provision of Occupational Health (OH) and Industrial Hygiene (IH) resources to deliver design aspects i.e., provision of OH / IH inputs in design reviews and verifications, management of health risk identification process i.e. HealthMap, OH / IH regulatory compliance plan - noise at work regs, COSHH, HAVS etc throughout define phase.
- Support project with establishing and sourcing project specific PPE standards adequate for onshore and offshore construction scope.
- Deliver project CDM Regulations 2015 implementation plan.
- Support Client to track the performance against DCO commitments across the Contractors
- Support Client to engage with local stakeholders and land COMPANYs and potential regulatory engagement as part of the project integration
- Provide human factors specialist to co - ordinate Human Factors risk screening and Human Factors Integration Plan to cover next phases of the project across the FEED contractors
Skills / Qualifications
- Previous experience of a Project HSSE role
- Experience of working on FEED and IPMT project
- In - depth knowledge of working with engineering FEED contractors on a energy industry project
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.