Embedded Software EngineerDo you enjoy being part of a successful team?Do you like working in collaborative teams and solving technical problems?Partner with the best
Responsible for the firmware development from concept through release to production, including early concept block diagrams, design, unit testing, integration testing, and after-launch support. This position is for an electrical engineer with experience in embedded software development for board-level microcontroller/microprocessor firmware.
As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Coordinating with relevant stakeholders to ensure design meets customer requirements.
- Developing firmware code for embedded system that implements support for standard communication protocols such as: USB, UARTs, I2C, SPI, Ethernet (DoIP), TCP/IP.
- Utilizing lab Instrumentation such as; multi-meters, Logic Analyzer, Digital Oscilloscope.
- Testing and debugging embedded FW stand-alone and In-Systems using simulators, debuggers, and other tools.
- Generating technical documentation as necessary for product release.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university or institution.
- 5+ years of industry experience in design and development of C/C++ code and tools for embedded firmware for on board microcontrollers.
- Knowledge or familiarity with schematics capture software such as Altium Designer or OrCAD. Hands-on experience with lab instruments such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, electronic loads, and signal generators.
- Background or familiarity in the oil and gas industry.
- Knowledge or familiarity with fiber optics technology.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements and certifications such as CE, CSA, etc.
- Knowledge of Python or other scripting languages.
- Experience with RTOS and/or Linux OS.
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees, customers and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for Covid-19 prior to beginning work.Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees, customers and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work.About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.