Skills: Engineering Technician
Experience: 30 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Utrecht, Netherlands
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering AGV Systems, an Oceaneering International Company, develops, implements and markets Automated Guided Vehicle Systems (AGVs), navigation hardware, and software. We offer customized and automated transport solutions to efficiently, competitively and effectively meet the ever-increasing transport demands of various industries by increasing productivity, reliability, flexibility and safety standards through innovation, expertise and robustness. Oceaneering AGV Systems has been delivering automatic guided vehicle solutions to the world's leading companies for 30 years.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Automated Guided Vehicles (AGVs).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Carry out all engineering and technical activities directed by the Project Manager at project sites.
- Act as the single point of contact at his/her assigned project sites for all engineering and technical activities.
- Perform detailed engineering and technical activities at his/her assigned project sites such as software configuration, hardware calibration, logs analysis, fault diagnostics by means of test & trials to commission the system and equipment.
- Develop and execute in conjunction with the Project Manager and Site Manager the required plans for the implementation, integration, verification, and validation of the AGV System.
- Co-ordinate, plan, organize, lead and control commissioning activities directed by the Project Manager to deploy and deliver the Scope of Work as stated in contract.
- Collect, analyze and summarize operating and engineering data to configure and commission systems to comply with design parameters as stated in system requirements documentation.
- Observe and study the functioning of equipment, system operating modes and system performance results to anticipate operational problems and prepare the system towards the Final Acceptance Test.
- Review requirements, schematics and technical documentation related to the product for resolving technical problems and failures of the system at project sites.
- Facilitate and support the resolution of technical issues by providing onsite assistance to onsite or remote Subject Matter Experts from different engineering disciplines.
- Support the Project Manager and engineering teams as required with engineering reports regarding the detailed state and technical progress of the system delivery.
- Liaison with the Systems Engineers to resolve engineering or technical conflicts occurring during commissioning at project sites with root causes tracing back to the system or product design.
- Travel to project sites on repetitive schedules or (at times) short notice for resolution of technical problems and deficiencies.
- Provide advice and guidance to technical staff designated by the customer for the delivery of support and training.
- Autonomously perform repairs, maintenance, troubleshooting, and provide other services for our AGV systems and, if necessary, assist in installation or assembly work.
- Identify and come forward with improvement actions as a result of audits, inspections, defect reports, incident investigations etc. and implemented.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports directly to the Service Manager
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Technical bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited college or university. Master's degree preferred.
- As a minimum 5 years Engineering experience in complex system design, manufacturing, and integrations environment
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in running systems. Ability to interpret and/or develop a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to act independently generating innovative solutions to possibly complex technical problems is desired.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have complete knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel. Knowledge of PeopleSoft is preferred or will otherwise be educated.
- The role requires a customer/client focused attitude, an ability to interact with customers/clients and to remain calm and professional in a demanding and dynamic work environment.
- The role requires willingness to travel abroad internationally for possibly several weeks at a time during system installation however this will be exceptional. Regular travelling will however be expected (avg. 2-4 times a month)
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.