Skills: Supply Chain Management
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for an Expeditor to support ongoing projects with experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
In line with the Wood core values and personal commitment to the core values, ensure delivery of the service in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner, in line with contractual requirements, to the satisfaction of customers and to Wood. This will include:
- Expedite in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner, in line with contractual requirements as per Wood policies, procedures and guidelines
- Monitoring all purchase orders to ensure contractual delivery dates are maintained.
- Ensures relevant information is communicated to internal stakeholders.
- Obtaining weekly and/or bi-weekly progress status / reports on open orders.
- Participating in meetings and teleconferences to review status of critical packages.
- Expediting requisite documents from equipment suppliers in support of engineering progress and release of holdbacks to facilitate purchase order closeout.
- Interface between Engineering, Procurement, Suppliers and Clients for all issues related to equipment, materials and document delivery status.
- Works closely with QA/QC to expedite quick resolution to quality assurance queries.
Skills / Qualifications
- Candidates require a Technical Diploma, Business/Commerce Degree, or an Engineering Degree from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Engineers must be registered, or eligible for registration, with the Professional Engineers & Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Any equivalent combination of experience and / or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved may also be considered.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong and effective organizationatrol and planning skills
- Strong MS Excel skills.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.