Skills: Project Controls
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting an experienced Project Controller to join their Commissioning team in Houston, TX.
"Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required"
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: Set up and run all required project controls systems, tools, and interfaces to enable the successful management and reporting of the project costs, schedule and risk on projects and assignments.
KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE JOB: T rack project cost, planning, scheduling and risk assessment, and performance for an on-time and within budget delivery of the project deliverables and completions of commissioning activities, typically on projects without dedicated project control discipline teams. Supports the Operations Manager in the collation, analysis and reporting of project cost, scheduling, and risk data. A wide ranging and hands on role that interfaces with several key stakeholders across the project.
CRITICAL SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES: Be responsible for understanding and executing Woods's Safety Policies and Procedures throughout all phases of the project. Personal safety awareness and team safety awareness are necessary.
- Act as the focal point with the client and any contractor Project Controllers as appropriate, to ensure costs and progress are reported accurately, ensure alignment with the project reporting requirements and timely and accurate cost and progress reporting.
- Reporting of planned v's actual progress figures
- Monitor cost and schedule impact of achievement / non achievement of project milestones
- Identification, monitoring and reporting against the project critical path providing early warning to the Operation Manager of any potential slippages.
- Reporting of project costs and schedule data.
- Produce weekly and monthly project cost and planning status reports.
- Develop and maintain project Work Breakdown Structure for specific scopes of work.
- Develop and maintain cost and planning control structures in alignment with project Work Breakdown Structure.
- Manage the project work approval process in terms of accurate cost code allocation and initial budget set-up and approvals.
- Responsible for the timely control and forecasting of budgets and ensure that the impact of all change requests is properly assessed and included in the budget and schedules if applicable.
- Assist Project Accountants and Billing Specialists in the Billing process and any other cost related queries.
- Assists with application of baseline and forecast installation unit rates and norms for estimating quantity change impacts.
- Supports earned value progress measurement.
- May assist with updates and changes to project quantities and reports on variances to baseline.
- Production and overall maintenance of project S-Curves and Histograms.
- Creation of the projects fully resourced, logic linked Gantt Charts within preferred planning software to the agreed project and program requirements.
- Perform progress updates of the project Gantt charts. Includes executed changes into project schedule.
- Monitor current and assess future resource needs for the project and program through analysis of workload at project level
- Identify slippages, significant float erosion and recommend recovery actions.
- Coordinate development and issue project change orders / variations in accordance with contract / assignment change notifications.
- Ensure local change management process is adhered to.
- Tracking of and input into the change management system.
- Attendance at client progress meetings.
- Input to the preparation of proposal schedules and CTR packs.
- Participate and support cost and schedule risk analysis workshops / sessions.
- Ensure risk is managed and monitored at project level in line with local standards and processes.
- Ensure Project Controls processes and procedures are accurate, up to date and followed.
- Liaise with clients and ensure that projects are managed effectively to ensure delivery in a manner which meets quality, time, and budget specifications.
Skills / Qualifications
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidate should be a motivated self-starter with complex problem solving ability. Excellent communication skills and team oriented personality required to interface with Construction and Operations Teams. A detailed working knowledge of offshore oil and gas processing facilities and deepwater facilities is required including:
- Advanced Working Knowledge of project planning software such as MS project / Primavera
- Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge and appreciation of the core tenets of Contracts Management, Commercial Management and Project Management
- Knowledge and application of earned value and other monitoring techniques
- Knowledge of risk management processes and techniques
- Ability to work well in a team and independently
- Ability to build exemplary working relationship with clients with professional service focus
- Exceptional organizational skills and able to multi-task."
- Knowledge and application of earned value and other progress monitoring techniques
- Knowledge of risk management processes and techniques
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor's degree in a relevant technical or business discipline (or equivalent gained through relevant vocational training and/or industry experience)
- Minimum twelve (12) years of progressive Project Controls experience to include a minimum of 4 years experience as a Project Controls lead/supervisor in an Oil &Gas and/or Petrochemical industry.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.