Skills: Mechanical Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Ingleside, Texas, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for an Mechanical Commissioning Technician with offshore upstream Oil and Gas commissioning experience. The location for this position will be Ingleside, TX.
** US Only- Authorization to work permanently in the US without sponsorship required.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: This is a specialized working level for the mechanical commissioning function. Incumbents perform the full range of mechanical duties to satisfactorily complete the commissioning of equipment and facilities.
KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE JOB: Keen safety awareness and advocacy; under general supervision; walk down systems for mechanical completion, complete mechanical check sheets, follow commissioning procedures to dynamically test equipment and troubleshoot mechanical issues as they arise. To demonstrate a full understanding of all applicable policies and work methods associated with assigned duties to commission and maintain mechanical equipment and to perform other duties as assigned.
CRITICAL SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES: Be responsible for understanding and executing Woods's Safety Policies and Procedures throughout all phases of the project. Personal safety awareness and team safety awareness are necessary.
- Walking down systems using P&ID's, Piping Isometrics, and PFD's for guidance.
- Write quality punch lists with accurate descriptions that will assist with location.
- Perform maintenance and repair work as instructed with limited supervision.
- Ensure equipment is fit for purpose and is tested in accordance with standards and procedures.
- Follow detailed commissioning procedures to dynamically test equipment and systems.
- Remove flanges, pipe work, etc. as needed for testing.
- Acceptance of Mechanically Complete Sub system packages from Construction
- Punch List management and responsibility of offered Sub systems / Systems.
- Work with vendors on turbines, pumps and compressors.
- Possess adequate knowledge of Production and Utility Systems.
- Follow and complete proper flushing procedures.
- Maintain equipment records and parts inventory.
- Coordinate activities with other departments and staff.
- Establish positive working relationships with immediate supervision and personnel from other departments.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and written. Be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Read, understand and follow Permit to Work procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned or requested.
Skills / Qualifications
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidate should be a motivated self-starter with complex problem-solving ability. Excellent communication skills and team-oriented personality required to interface with Construction and Operations Teams. A detailed working knowledge of midstream oil and gas processing facilities is required including:
- Commissioning and Start-up of process and utility systems
- Fluent and expert in reading and interpreting P&ID's, Piping Isometrics and Production Flow Diagrams
- Millwright, piping and workshop knowledge
- Gas compression equipment
- Rotating equipment
- Process flow equipment, gas and oil pipeline systems
- Operations and maintenance of production facilities
- Leak testing (HeN)
- Lube oil flushing, chemical flushing of production systems
- Report writing and records maintenance
- Permit to Work System
- Occupational hazards, standard safety procedures and safe work practices.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE :
Proven background, a combination of training and experience which would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. Typically, 5 years of responsible experience in commissioning a variety of mechanical commissioning of oil and gas facilities, or in production process equipment operation and maintenance.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Relevant Mechanical Technician certificates are required and/or Higher National Certificate (or equivalent) in a primary Engineering discipline .
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.