Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: United Kingdom
Wood Applied Intelligence (AI) is currently recruiting for a Senior Controls Engineer with extensive experience in the automation industry, providing complete controls software design, from initial concept to delivery, as part of large automated systems for many diverse industries including Automotive, Nuclear, Pharmaceutical, Logistics and other general industry.
Whilst this role can be based anywhere in the UK, mobility and travel to customer sites and face to face meetings with colleagues will be expected as required. This position can either be staff or contract.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Ensure the solution meets the requirements of the customer, is within cost and time scale constraints and satisfies the project from a technical standing
- Production of well-structured software programs utilising multiple PLC platforms
- Production of clear and user-friendly HMI/SCADA applications
- Design and implementation of the PLC hardware configuration
- Design and implementation of the PLC network/fieldbus structure
- Production of controls design standards and documentation
- Supervision of a team of software engineers in house and on site
- Auditing of junior and other engineer's software
- Production of all required documentation to support FAT and SAT, such as risk assessments, safety buy-off check sheets, functional test certification, etc
- Installation and commission control systems on site and to provide support to system commissioning activities
- Provision of system training for end users
- Provide documentation to support the CE/UKCE marking requirements of the equipment
Skills / Qualifications
- Time served apprenticeship in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering and BTEC / City and and Guilds or
- HNC / HND in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Controls component knowledge
- Previous use of multiple PLC systems including Rockwell, Siemens, Mitsubishi,
- Experience of Servo and/or VFD interfacing and control
- Knowledge of controls hardware design
- PLC Software Design and Commissioning for Automation Systems
- Fieldbus including Safety over FB
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.