Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Tucker, Georgia, United States
Wood is currently seeking a Junior Structural Engineer to join our team in Tucker, GA. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Assist in the preparation of construction documents such as drawings and specifications
- Design tasks mainly involve load determination, stress analysis, structural steel design using computational software design tools and hand calculations as appropriate
- Primary function will be structural design work for large-scale industrial projects for both EPC and Engineer Consulting contracts
- Client interface may be required
- Coordinate structural engineering with other engineering disciplines
- Operate within the Wood Quality System and Safety Policies in all phases of assignments
Skills / Qualifications
- Qualified candidate must have an ABET Accredited Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- An EIT and interested in pursuing a professional registration
- Knowledge of US steel and concrete design codes
- 0 to 3 years structural design experience as applied to steel structures
- Knowledge of STAAD or equivalent structural design software desirable
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, familiarity with Revit desirable
- Basic understanding of the key contributors to the cost of concrete and structural steel fabrication and construction
- Strong technical writing skills and good verbal communication skills
- Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.