Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Tucker, Georgia, United States
Wood is currently seeking an experienced Senior Civil Engineer to join our team in Tucker, GA. The position would include technical execution of projects related to Solar and Renewables site developments.
Remote work option is available with this position.
The successful candidate will be part of a team of Civil Engineers and Designers for large-scale Solar, Wind and Renewables projects for both EPC and Engineer Consulting contracts. The candidate should be flexible in assignments, willing to travel periodically, and eager to learn.
Technical services work areas include:
- Management of the preparation of construction documents such as drawings, specifications, etc. as related to the civil site and infrastructure
- Interact with our EPC arm to prepare quantity estimates for proposals and value engineered solutions for construction
- Prepare field reports, internal correspondence and complete formal reports
- Interpret data and test results from geotechnical reports
- Analyze problems, organize investigations and establish general performance specifications for components, equipment, systems, processes, etc.
- Discuss with other senior engineers to determine priorities and implications on work of others
- May be assigned limited field construction oversight responsibilities; Ability to conduct or oversee some field assignments, and willingness for limited travel
- Contact vendors; research literature and regulatory requirements; prepare draft designs
- Interact with specialists in other technical practice areas in support of multi-disciplinary projects
- Coordinate with design teams to assist in defining work scope, schedule and budgets
- Help with oversight and mentoring of design-team civil engineers
- Client interface is expected
- Follow company safety standards and site safety standards
Skills / Qualifications
- Qualified candidate must have a Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer licensure required (NCEES Record is a plus)
- Candidate must be interested in the management and design of grading, drainage, hydrology, pavements, and underground utilities with 10+ years of design experience
- Experience in heavy industrial projects such, as solar, pulp & paper, power, cement, food process, specialty chemical, etc. is a plus; however, commercial and family housing development experience is very applicable
- Project management experience is desired
- Permitting experience is desired
- Proficient knowledge of AutoCAD Civil3D and civil software (hydrology and hydraulics)
- Must have strong organizational and oral/written communication skills and ability to work well in teams
- Capable of functioning with little supervision
- Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.