Reporting to the Electrical department, you will participate, as a Senior Electrical Engineer for wind farm, in the design and implementation of international offshore floating wind farm projects
. You will work in multidisciplinary and multicultural project teams and be in charge of advising project tram and creating diagram, and execution of offshore wind farm project.
Your main missions will be as follows:
- In the pre-project and FEED phase
- Support project and proposition team in electrical design choices
- Establish the principle single-line diagrams of the projects
- Participate in the definition of execution plans (service limit, schedule, etc.) between us, our partners and our suppliers when making proposals
- Assist the proposal teams during technical clarifications with customers
- If possible, Carry out preliminary calculations on elec calculation software (DigSilent, ETAP, etc.)
- In the implementation phase within the renewable projects teams.
- Support technical team by reviewing technical documentation, supporting installation and material engineer
- Participate to technical clarification meeting with wind turbine suppliers and Inter Array cables suppliers
- Review electrical calculation notes.
- Organise and/or participate in the various technical contract reviews (HAZID, eHAZOP, Design review, Contract review)
- Support the electrical teams during clarifications with customers
- Provide assistance to the Inspection Department during the Acceptance of Factory Systems (FAT)
- As technical referent for electrical design in wind farm
- Write typical documentation missing in our standards for electrical design in the wind farm
- Carry out a technological watch on equipment dedicated to renewable energies, in particular by participating in various forums (CIGRE, etc.)
- Monitor the development of standards related to renewable installations and equipment.
- Master Wind turbine and Inter Array Cables technologies (specificities, constraints, vendor development)
- Organise training regarding specificity of wind farm for electrical team
You will have the opportunity to participate on Site in the installation, test and start-up phases of renewable equipment. About you:
- Engineer graduated from a large general school or specialized in the field of electrical engineering or renewable energies, you have at least 15 years of experience in engineering or design office including 10 years in wind farm industry
- Technically focused, you are keen on developing company knowledge and know how
- Flexible, rigorous and dynamic, you are pedagogic you have a sense of teamwork.
- You are able to justify some strategic technological choices
- You master an electrical simulation tool (Digsilent, ETAP)
- Open, curious and adaptable, you move with ease in contact with different cultures, people and environments.
- You speak English fluently and are mobile for trips in France and abroad.
- You are comfortable with basic office and IT tools
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.