Project Controls Specialist Admin Area
Project Management Business Line
Technical Services Position Description
We are seeking an experienced Project control specialist to join our Project Management team (PMT). Our Project Management Teams are responsible and accountable for the delivery of best in class capital projects assigned to department. PMT is directly involved in executing and managing assigned projects safely, on schedule, within budget and to the highest standards of integrity and compliance. This will involve engineering design, procurement and construction of various sizes, types and complexity of small, medium to multi-billions-dollar mega projects.
Project Management Department manage and execute projects usually from multiple site offices or engineering contractor design offices, geographically scattered throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Project Control specialist primary role is to participate in the execution of strategy by support in planning, governing and managing projects and programs throughout the project management lifecycle underpinned by fit to purpose methodology, tools, human resources and reporting in compliance with the project contract requirements i.e. project schedule, cost, company standards and procedures. Minimum Requirements
Duties & Responsibilities
- As the successful candidate, you will hold a bachelor's degree in Engineering and a higher degree is preferred.
- Fifteen (15) years of experience in which at least five (5) years in similar role , preferably in the oil industry or similar process industry, such that the incumbent is clearly recognized as an expert in their field.
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written)
- Well versant in preparing and delivering presentations to the management.
- Must have Experience in all aspects of Primavera software package, Microsoft Excel, applications related to cost and schedule integration such as SAP/Oracle/Unifier, Access and other project controls software. Dynamic attitude towards project improvements and savings with a PMP / CCC Certification is desirable but not mandatory.
You will be required to perform the following:
- Support in development and implementation of an empowering methodology for project, program and portfolio management to ensure delivery of planned outputs, benefits and ultimately contribution to strategic objectives.
- Ensure the timely reporting of the progress of projects and programs using various systems and tools that facilitate decision making and address unresolved risks or issues with the right stakeholder internally or externally.
- Monitor and compare both time and cost reports and relating conclusions such that management control action is alerted at the right time.
- Collaborate with the Project Management Office Department to ensure that project monitoring and reporting reflects the latest status of projects.
- Liaise with other departments at all meetings relative to project operations, to ensure that information affecting the project plan is continually updated.
- Ensure project governance and project compliance to project management methodology.
- Support the Project Manager in informing the project team of the overall project and management objectives.
- Assist in coordinating with other departments task force members related to project planning objectives.
- Participate in regular progress and co-ordination meetings with project control staff.
- Establish and define job orientated project control procedures.
- Ensure cost reports, control curves and forecasts are prepared and issued in accordance with project control procedures.
- Ensure schedules and control curves are prepared and issued in accordance with the project control procedures.
- Study and understand all relevant documents and conditions pertaining to the project.
- Perform any other job-related duties as required by the direct manager.
- Define primary job objectives clearly at project and departmental management levels by highlighting schedule and cost requirements.
- Organize and direct the activities of the project control team.
- Ensure the maintenance of both time and cost trend statistics.
- Review overall job status with planning engineers and management and recommend corrective action if necessary.
- Coordination of final job statistics and analyze the effectiveness of procedures for possible improvement and Lesson Learned on future projects.
- Provide necessary assistance during Internal/External audits and compliance checks.
- Assist in identifying risks and opportunities and exercise typical risk management process.
- Establish, monitor and control Progress Management Systems, PMS.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.