Procurement Specialist About us
Schlumberger is a technology company that partners with customers to access energy. Our people, representing over 160 nationalities, are providing leading digital solutions and deploying innovative technologies to enable performance and sustainability for the global energy industry. With expertise in more than 120 countries, we collaborate to create technology that unlocks access to energy for the benefit of all.What you will be doing
As a Procurement Specialist, you'll find the quality goods and services we need to build and maintain our advanced oilfield products and negotiate a price that meets our needs. You'll be the first point of contact for the Procurement Service Center, linking the rest of the business' needs with procurement strategy that delivers the necessary goods and services. Alongside learning how a global organization works with suppliers, you'll develop the vital skills and experience you need to deliver results. Responsibilities
- Be the point of contact for the Procurements Service Center
- Understand planning and forecasting, purchasing, product assembly and transporting products
- Supplier Management. Manage day-to-day interactions with suppliers and deals with commercial and legal aspects. Should be able to manage 3 rd parties independently.
- Capable of raising and managing RFQ (Request for Quotation) independently (including preparing and raising the bid/tender, managing the bidding process, bid evaluation and award). Proficiency in managing the process on bidding platforms (like ARIBA) is a plus.
- Manage the contract negotiation and support the contract management team in contract execution
- Demonstrate strategic approach towards buying. Leading the process and ensure value creation in terms of savings , safety and sustainability amongst other aspects while fulfilling the business need
- Demonstrate good analytical skills
- Master and improve our processes, such as purchase order processing and service level reviews
- Maintain our products and negotiate new prices for them
Why Work for us
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree from a related discipline
- Minimum 3 to 5 years' experience in Procurement across industries.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate
- Detail orientated
- Excellent maths and computer skills
- Knowledgeable in any ERP systems
- Experience in Supply chain is a plus
- Experience in Oil and Gas industry is an advantage but not required
We think this is a great place to work and here are just some of the benefits you could receive if you join us.
Family focused leave policies
What to do next
- Income Protection
- Opportunity for Death and Disability Insurance to be paid
- Health Cover insurance for employee and family
- Potential for fitness-related memberships and activity expenses to be reimbursed
- Employment Assistance Program
- Discounted Stock Purchase Plan
If you think you this job was made for you, then click on the apply button now.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. We are committed to providing employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Please be vigilant to fraudulent activity if you receive a communication or e-mail regarding potential employment, or an invitation to submit applications to a public email address, supposedly from Schlumberger. Please do not send money or pass any personal details to anyone suggesting they can provide employment with us. We will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process. For more information please visit: company website