The Supplier Manager is responsible for the relationship with an assigned supplier, or group of suppliers, on behalf of Schlumberger globally, aligned with the strategy for that supplier's Category. Roles and Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Set performance objectives for assigned suppliers (quality improvement, on-time delivery, lead-time reduction, cost reduction) and ensure suppliers deliver on these objectives through detailed supplier development plans.
- Define baseline and improvement targets while monitoring progress through a regularly updated supplier scorecard.
- Prepare and lead periodic management reviews, using scorecards with main performance indicators, three-year business perspectives, and strategic product/market developments.
- Identify and select project teams for supplier development, involving Operations, Manufacturing, Sustaining, and Quality; and seeks allocation of resources as appropriate.
- Ensure that supplier capacity is aligned with demand. Review and consolidates internal demand and arbitrate priorities.
- Prepare and manage negotiations in accordance with business strategy.
- Ensure that all managed suppliers have appropriate executed contracts in place, are monitored and that full value extraction is delivered.
- Lead supplier risk assessments (financial, operational, ESG, etc.) and ensure quarterly updates.
- Engage with managed suppliers to ensure they align with Schlumberger's sustainability requirements, including human rights obligations, local-content commitments and the commitment to reduce GHG footprint. Ensure suppliers provide Schlumberger with the detailed GHG emissions certificate for their products/services and responses to other ESG inquiries on request.
- Communicate supplier strategy and key events of such relationships to the category, sourcing, supplier quality teams, and geographical Supply Chain Managers.
- Report deviations to plan and take appropriate actions to correct them.
- Identify opportunities and implement action plans to reduce waste.
- Where required, the Supplier Manager may also directly manage Supplier Leaders or Supplier Specialists in addition to managing a portfolio of suppliers.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineer, Supply Chain Management or similar is required.
- Master's degree in Supply Chain Management or similar is desired.
- Systems experience in MRP (i.e. Oracle, SAP), Ariba, Microsoft office (i.e. power point, excel), and Power BI dashboard
- Experience from at least 3-5 years required.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.