Skills: Project Management
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Set up and monitor project budgets. P rovide revenue and cost advice to include relevant cost accruals as applicable. Participate or directly engage in forecasting of project revenue and cost.
- Develop and maintain resource-loaded project schedule with detailed work breakdown structure (WBS).
- Day to day management of assigned projects and project teams, including the planning of project operations and the supervision of operational personnel on site including the review of procedures, staffing requirements and allocation of available resources to various phases of the project to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget.
- Daily liaison on projects and systems to identify any issues and ensure project is running as planned.
- Finding solutions where required to mitigate downtime or project delays that impact the client business or profitability rates of the project.
- Assist customers in preparation of design ideas and specifications.
- Conduct presentations and assists with sales and marketing activities.
- As appropriate, c oordinate with Operations Lead and Sales/Commercials personnel in the development of Bids and Proposals .
- Review and approve quality plans and technical procedures. If required, create procedures for subsea projects.
- Review project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Establish work plan and staffing for each phase of project, and provide personnel requirements to Operations.
- Confer with project staff to outline work plans and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Direct and coordinate activities of projects to ensure progres sion is on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Review status reports and adjust schedules or plans as required.
- Review and approve documents related to meeting customer specifications.
- Oversee the g enerat ion of requisitions not related to general Repair and M aintenance and review / approve requisite supplier invoices.
- Prepare project reports, forecast, variance explanations and other technical and financial reports for management, client, or others.
- In conjunction with Technical Support, c onfer with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Review and approve project invoices and assist in accounts receivable issues with Customers .
- Travel domestically and overseas as needed.
- Maintain training requirements as directed by management.
- Work closely with the Commercial Department on the review of ITTs and Bid submission to ensure properly defined scope of work, technical competencies and equipment required. Mus t have a detailed knowledge of work scope, terms and conditions and pricing.
- In coordination with Sales, p rovide client presentations on new technologies or solutions that improve their performance.
- I mplementation of HSE Management Systems and compliance with local regulations and preparation .
- Verify System compliance with all Technical, Operational, and HSE Bulletins.
- Preparation of project reports, forecasts, variance explanations and other financial or technical reports as required by management, clients or other stakeholders.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
(Requires Regional Variance)
- Relevant Project Management experience and/or training
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Extensive working knowledge of Primavera and/or Microsoft Project
- Ability to learn and navigate in PeopleSoft or similar enterprise management software, AutoCAD®, SolidWorks, Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
- Must hold/maintain a valid passport and be able to obtain visas for international travel
- BS in Engineering or Equivalent Experience
- Offshore / oilfield operational experience
- Familiar with remotely operated systems, subsea well intervention equipment and practices
- PMP Certification
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to determine and meet customer needs.
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Ability to plan, organize and direct the work of others.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.