Skills: Mechanical Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
Be part of a successful team
The Operator is responsible for completing and monitoring all required tasks as directed by the Lead Operator, working as part of a team and ensuring both themselves and the team are following the appropriate procedures and processes in place. The Operator will assist in the day to day running of the process under the direction of the Lead Operator or Shift Lead performing any reasonable task which is asked of them.
Partner with the best
As a Manufacturing Operator, you will be responsible for the below:
- Ensure company policies, procedures and operating instructions are followed.
- Comply with all safety instructions, promote individual and team safety
- Promote and maintain Quality standards
- Participate in Risk Assessments
- Support the SOI audit process to ensure they remain compliant with best practice.
- Identify and report all Safety concerns, Quality issues and manufacturing problems before progressing any work.
- Reporting directly to the Lead Operator assisting in the set up and operation of equipment and machines.
- Under the direction of the Lead Operator, Work Centre Leader or the Shift Lead operates assigned equipment/machinery for the purpose of producing test or experimental pipe.
- Operates as a backup to the Lead Operator.
- Maintain work centre cleanliness and ensure 5C condition is implemented and sustained, including material storage areas, in accordance with facility operating policies.
- Perform all required tasks in accordance with standard operation instructions, risk assessments and company safety policies.
- Complete required documentation records, as required in accordance with procedures.
- Assist Lead Operator in analysing and resolving on line problems.
- Work in all designated area's in accordance with the facility operating methods, as directed by the Lead Operator and or the Shift Lead.
- Liaise with Quality Control.
- Review production flowcharts and highlight any inaccuracies to the Work Centre Leader.
- Participate in the Lean Development Programme and utilise Lean Techniques.
Perform any other tasks as directed by the Lead Operator and / or Shift Lead.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A mechanical aptitude or experience in a mechanical/fitting environment would be preferred
- Knowledge of metal forming and extrusion equipment processes preferred.
- Proven track record in a forward-thinking manufacturing environment or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Quality background examining machined parts.
- Experience of none destructive testing.
- Experience in using hand tools.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with situations where only limited procedures exist.
- Have ability to identify improvements within work area.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing process
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, manufacturing work orders, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Working knowledge of Windows software, including specific ability in the advanced use of Excel spread sheets.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we™re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we™re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you.
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.