Skills: Electrical Technician, Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Mobile, Alabama, United States
Wood is searching for an Instrumentation and Electrical Technician with experience in the oil and gas industry to work in a H2S plant and/or inland bay offshore.
Work schedule of 7x7 in Coden, AL. Must live within 60 miles from facility/bay area, home every night.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
- Supervises "B" electrical technicians and I&E techs for safe and efficient operations, as well as, assist with technical problems where needed.
- Troubleshoots breakdowns, diagnoses faults and executes repairs; Refers problems to the supervisor; Maintains good housekeeping at the work site and ensure tools and equipment are kept in good working order.
- Adheres to all safety rules and regulations.
- Must be able to troubleshoot problems with Omni/PLC system and HMI software.
- Receives daily instructions, as well as, obtains required materials and equipment from the supervisor.
- Must be able to build panels from drawings and troubleshoot Omni.
- Adhere to all safety rules and regulations in carrying out work including following detailed procedures indicated in work permits.
- Additional duties as instructed by supervisor.
Skills / Qualifications
Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 2-4 years of I&E experience required
Preferred: Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; 5+ years' offshore or plant I&E experience preferred
Must live within 60 miles of the plant/bay area as this is a home every night position.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.