Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Data Governance & Management Lead for a contract position, can be worked remotely with visits to Aberdeen.
Within this role you would interact with Digital & Data Team, company IS Team, EIM Team, Geoinformation team, Head of technical information, IS Business Analysts & Company Contacts and externally with 3rd party data providers and consultants (e.g. Merkle Aquila, Slalom, McKinsey, Accenture), Data Science community (e.g. Data Lab), Peers in other companies.
Engage and manage a 3rd party consultant to develop a Data Governance Roadmap which includes:
- Defining the current data governance landscape within the company - areas of good practice, significant weaknesses
- Understanding the Group guidelines around Data Governance
- Integrating the Group guidelines into a Data Governance roadmap that will outline steps required to create effective Data governance within the company
- Lead the delivery of the data governance roadmap through engagement with Data Owners in the wider business.
- Understand and build a data schema for the affiliate (prioritized by business need) to understand what data is where, how it is used, who is responsible for what within the schema and other metadata (definitions, hierarchy, taxonomy)
- Ensure Data Management initiatives within the affiliate are coherent with Group Data Management guidelines and initiatives.
- Connect with relevant industry bodies to ensure the data governance roadmap aligns and makes best use of cross industry initiatives to standardize and share a common approach to describing and managing data. (e.g OGA, OGUK, OSDU)
- Manage the deployment of the tools and processes identified as necessary during the Data Governance Roadmap.
- Develop Data Quality measures for the affiliate and report these to relevant stakeholders (preferably with automated reporting tools)
- Coordinate Data Quality improvement initiatives within the affiliate. Act as the main point of contact with Group relating to Data Quality initiatives.
- Regularly communicate with relevant Stakeholders on Data Quality status (ExCom, Digital SteerCo, Audit), successes and initiatives underway.
- Where necessary, provide ad-hoc support to Digital & Data team sprints, using Data Engineering and Data Schema knowledge and expertise.
- Develop and lead on the data management change control process
- An understanding of Data Management concepts and practices, especially the Data Management Association's Data Management Body of Knowledge (DAMA-DMBOK) or a strong willing to learn rapidly
- Experience writing robust, reusable code to create production-strength data pipelines
- Strong SQL knowledge.
- Proven production experience and best practice knowledge of cloud platforms, features, and capabilities.
- Knowledge of distributed computing, data and application architectures, basic networking, security and infrastructure.
- Experience integrating cloud services to work with on premise data sources and clients.
- A thorough understanding of the Upstream industry and knowledge of Upstream companies' main strategic drivers.
- Ideally experience of working within a dynamic Agile based team or willingness to learn Agile methodology.