Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Galway, County Galway, Ireland
Overview / Responsibilities
As a highly visible role to the business, this individual will need to partner with the business as a member of the Consulting HSSEA Team to support continuous improvement of the HSSEA performance across UK & Europe.
The role will deliver support and advice to staff on implementation and compliance with legislation, international standards, and internal procedures. It will build relationships with customers to support the safe and successful delivery of work scopes, thus enhancing Wood's reputation. There will also be active participation in business capture and tender response, promoting HSSEA performance and culture as a differentiator for the business. You will ensure that the Wood HSE and Quality Management Systems and related activities are adequately maintained and implemented so that resulting actions are delivered effectively, and that positive contacts are maintained across the group.
This role works from Galway and support HSSEA for Galway, HSSE for Chester and Reading.
- The HSSEA Coordinator offers expert knowledge and skills in order to generate and promote a positive Quality and HSE culture. This represents a key role in helping control business related risks in the organisation
- Responsible for ensuring all Quality and HSE Management System documentation is kept up-to-date and for ensuring policies and practices are adopted. He/She helps to plan, implement, monitor and review all aspects of the HSSEA management systems.
- Support the organisation's aim to avoid operational losses, maximize brand protection, and assure continued process capability to Wood clients
- Ensure HSSE&S/OA legislation is complied with at all times, and report any breaches
- Ensure that all HSSEA documentation is kept up-to-date and ensure policies and practices are both applied and effective by means of a structured and risk-based assurance process. Promote a mature, interdependent HSSEA culture that delivers positive commitment to and engagement with all employees in continuous performance improvement
- Contribute to Team meetings, with accountability for reporting on all HSSEA statistics and performance against objectives.
- Interface with HSSEA peers across the globe in Consulting and at a wider Wood Level.
- Ensure that internal and external compliance certifications remain operational and supervise the recertification process with 3rd parties. Lead audits and ensure close out of assurance and / or audit findings, provide audit reports, and proper and effective corrective and preventive actions.
- Maintain positive relationships with Client Representatives and Project Management to ensure client and business needs are understood and achieved
- Be aware of Client HSSEA requirements and Wood's values and behaviours and actively promote adherence with industry best practices
- Provide input and support HSSEA rigor within the supply chain, including evaluation of processes and monitoring of performance of subcontractors
- Monitor current project work scopes and ensure HSSE support is suitably resourced
- Support occupational health programs
- Support where required Wood pre-qualification programs
- Lead and coordinate relevant accident and incident investigation processes and provide support to staff involved as required
- Oversee the local Travel Risk Assessment Process
- Support local Return to Office programs and ensure Wood policies are complied with
- Support the Sustainability Consulting strategy by leveraging existing HSSEA networks and communication channels.
- Ensure that all SBG's have adequate Emergency Response and Business Continuity Plans in place and that the are reviewed and tested. Ensure effective HSSEA training and adequate cover is in place for fire wardens and first aiders
- Manage suppliers' performance and be involved in project feedback.
- Propose changes to working practices that are safe and add to an improved Company HSSEA performance.
- Keep up to date with new developments and maintain a working knowledge of the latest Quality and HSE related techniques and any HSSEA developments that affect WGK's professional environment.
- Develop Safety and Environmental activities - Lead in-house Quality and HSE training.
- Maintain contact with PPE/Training providers, procure PPE and HSE related items.
- Plan regular communications, forum meetings, learing moments & lunch n learns to ensure all employees are informed and have the opportunity for engagement.
- Manage fire wardens and first aiders, ensure training is up to date and adequate cover is assured.
- Track site Carbon Footprint information and complete a Quarterly report.
Skills / Qualifications
- Relevant 3rd level qualification
- ISO 9001:2008 Lead Auditor Qualified
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office to include Excel and VISIO
- Proficient in RCA and risk management
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Confident self starter who can work independently
- Knowledge of HSE standards and legal requirements
- Knowledge of internal and external audits and third party certification audits practices
- Team player
- Leads by example
- Flexible regarding workload and able to prioritise
- Good time management
- Self Starter
- Ability to work under pressure
- Professional attitude
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.