Skills: Software Specialist
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Wood is currently recruiting for a GIS Specialist with experience with spatial design in the Coal Seam Gas industry on a 12-month contract located in our Brisbane office.
- Provide high quality detailed data design, spatial analysis, mapping and data management
- Proficient with the ESRI suite of tools, including but not limited to:
- Pipeline design
- Advanced Editing
- GIS Modelling
- Developing and altering spatial information
- Projecting and data transformation
- Spatial Analysis (manipulate, extract, locate and analyses geographic data)
- Data Integration and conversion
- Ensuring that attribute information is in accordance with the Organisational policies
- Metadata adherence
- Consult and take instruction from Engineers, GIS Specialists and Database Admin on rolling out design-based analysis within a customised detailed design platform
- Experience in the use of spatial data stored in SQL RDBMS databases
- Produce high quality spatial datasets with a focus on quality deliverables within agreed timeframes
- Design based on procedures enforce policies and procedures governing spatial data collection
- Experience with working Spatial automation models using ArcGIS model builder, FME and Python
- Highly developed/demonstrated spatial analysis skills
Skills / Qualifications
To be successful for this position you will require the following:
Key Skills :
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or demonstrated suitable on-job experience (8-10 years' experience)
- High level understanding and knowledge of all aspects of GIS
- Experience in Engineering and Construction
- Developed/demonstrated spatial analysis skills
- Experience with ESRI's GIS software suite, spatial data and spatial data infrastructure
- Experience with application of GIS in relation to Coal Seam Gas projects highly desirable
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
If you're an experienced GIS Specialist, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.