Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Software Development Manager
The successful candidate will work with cutting edge technologies as a leader of a dynamic and talented Baroid Technology team.
Manager of Software Development will be responsible for driving Software Development team deliverables, managing timelines, and maintaining budgets while balancing shifting priorities.
Candidate must be a self-learner able to adopt best-practices and continuously seek to improve.
- Design and develop software solutions to support Baroid service design, execution and support.
- Work with the Product Owner and System Architect to develop products that will make users happy and successful.
- Lead software development team locally and offshore, to design, code, test, maintain and document code by following best practices of software development lifecycle.
- Proactively identify areas for improvement within the software system and development processes and propose new solutions
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art tools, techniques, and computing technologies, reading professional publications, participating in professional organizations and obtaining relevant certifications.
- Mentor team members in both their technical and professional development.
- Identify team skillset gaps, coordinate trainings and/or select talent additions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience, with last 3-4 years of leadership/management experience.
- Proficiency in at least, one modern programming language such as C#, Java, Python etc.
- Deep understanding and experience in Agile software engineering practices and full software development life cycle
- Advanced project management skills including time and risk management, resource prioritization, and project structuring
- Excellent understanding of object-orientation and design patterns.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills and ability to work within a distributed team.
- Skills are typically acquired through a undergraduate degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Material Science, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent degree, and minimum of 8 years related experience or through 12 years of related experience. Incumbents at this level will usually hold a certification as a Licensed/Chartered Professional Engineer.
- Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles give (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E. , Houston , Texas , 77032 , United States
Requisition Number: 116960
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Baroid
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.