Engineer - Mechanical Component Are you passionate about being part of a successful team? Do you like working in collaborative teams and solving critical issues?
Join our Turbomachinery Services Team!
Our Turbomachinery & Process Solutions team provides industry-leading products and services that optimize the extraction, production, and processing of energy. We help a diverse range of customers across the value chain to reduce operating costs and improve productivity.
Partner with the best
The main focus of this role's responsibility is to lead the design and development of valves for the commercial and nuclear industries. In addition, it supports other functions (After-market engineering, field service, etc.) as needed. The environment & team are fast-paced, highly collaborative, multi-disciplined, and global. This role works on projects that include valve design, manufacturing, and testing.
As an Engineer Mechanical Component, you will be responsible for:
- Leading the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects to develop control valves/safety valves meeting customer application needs and specification requirements, using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product/program requirements.
- Making use of required design tools, such as 3D CAD (SolidWorks), PLM, and in-house design calculations
- Reviewing customer specifications and translating customer specifications into order instructions for manufacturing of control valves/safety valves
- Adhering to the design review process, ensuring accuracy, quality, and design for manufacturability goals are met.
- Following best practices for valve design and utilizing lessons learned from previous designs
- Providing bills of material, drawing information, test specifications, and processing instructions for meeting the quality and manufacturing requirements of the product.
- Supporting shop manufacturing for material substitution and disposition of non-conformance reports
- Liaising with the global engineering team for order execution and support on engineering issues.
- Supporting sales to provide technical design solutions for complex control valve application
- Analyzing field complaints to distinguish between design deficiencies and application issues and provide technical solutions.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of all Codes and Standards applicable to the assigned product lines (ASME, EN, ISA, Norsok).
- Supporting local planning, manufacturing, and global sourcing organizations during product fulfillment
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Have minimum 5 years of experience in product design, development, or application engineering.
- Have safety and control valve design experience; preferably, design experience in severe service applications such as safety relief valves, turbine bypass, cryogenic, or other severe service applications
- Have knowledge of ASME BPVC Sect VIII, ASME Sect I, ASME B16.34, B16.5, and other related codes and standards;
- Be proficient in SolidWorks or similar Computer-Aided Design software
- Have knowledge of mechanical engineering principles including fluid flow, heat transfer, and strengths of materials
- Have analytical problem-solving ability
- Have working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerance as it relates to individual parts and overall assemblies (ANSI Y14.5)
- Have knowledge of SAP ERP System
- Have working knowledge and use of numerical computing software such as MathCAD, MATLAB, or similar
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
• Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
• Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
• Comprehensive private medical care options
• Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
• Tailored financial programs
• Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees, customers and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work.About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.