Skills: Geotechnical Engineer
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States
Wood has an exciting career career opportunity for a Senor Civil Infrastructure Geotechnical Engineer to join our Denver, CO team. Will support transportation and other infrastructure projects including retaining walls and foundations. This is a unique opportunity to join a thriving geotechnical mining practice and take the lead on developing a civil infrastructure practice supporting internal projects.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
- Lead civil, geotechnical engineering design on projects for transportation roadway and bridges, dams, landfills and power projects.
- Prepare technical memoranda and design reports.
- Provide mentoring and leadership to junior engineers.
- Build trusting working relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Perform assignments requiring application of standard techniques, procedures and criteria to carry out engineering tasks.
- May travel to project sites, mostly in Colorado and the west US. Approximately 5% overnight travel.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS or MS in Civil Engineering. An emphasis in geotechnical engineering desired
- Colorado PE license (or expectation to get within first year of employment).
- 6 - 10 years + relevant professional civil/geotechnical engineering experience.
- Experience in two or more of the following areas:
- Earth dams and levees
- Drilling, field investigations, and laboratory testing
- Power (CCR management)
- Proven ability to read and understand both 2D and 3D design and drawings.
- AutoCAD Civil3D (advanced user)
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret contours, topographic mapping, and data generated by land surveyors.
- Ability to understand Hydrology and Hydraulic reports and apply results to civil design of earthen structures.
- Good communication, report writing, and presentation skills in English.
- Superior time management, planning, and ability to interact with clients.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with a team.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites mostly in Colorado and the West US. Approximately 5% overnight travel.
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.