Skills: Business Analyst
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: London, United Kingdom
At Eni, we are looking for a D&IT Business Analyst within ETB in London. You will be responsible for working on all parts of the application lifecycle (analysis, design, testing, post go live support and maintenance) within a Trading and Risk Management environment for the Oil, Refined Products and Biofuels markets.
Eni is one of the leading integrated energy companies with activities in exploration, production, transport, and marketing of oil and natural gas. Eni has a market capitalisation of €66 billion and has a near €100bn turnover. It is not only a leading international upstream Company but also Europe's largest natural gas Company.
In keeping with Eni's overall strategy in respect of the global energy transition, starting from January 1, 2021, Eni Trade & Biofuels SpA ("ETB"), fully owned by Eni SpA, is the sole entity responsible for the international trading of crude oil, petroleum products, bio-fuels and related financial derivatives for the Eni group.
In particular, ETB is responsible for marketing Eni's oil equity productions, sourcing hydrocarbon and bio feedstock and marketing the resulting productions of its traditional and green refineries and of its petrochemical arm Versalis.
ETB's activities further include the sourcing and management of maritime transportation and logistics services, and the provision of oil risk management services, for itself and on behalf of the whole Eni group, by trading commodity derivatives on the main regulated and over the counter markets.
ETB's integration with the wider Eni businesses ensures a global and integrated approach that is further reinforced by Eni's relationships and broad portfolio of global assets.
ETB is present in the UK, in Italy, in Singapore and through a subsidiary, in Houston - USA.
As a member of the ICT Team at ETB you will be responsible for:
- Conducting interview to gather user requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, workflow storyboards, use cases scenarios and other methods.
- Identifying and establishing scope and parameters of requirements analysis on project-by-project basis to define project impact and success criteria.
- Work with Business stakeholders, as well as ICT project and application maintenance teams to priorities requirements, as well as producing high-quality documentation and supporting in the technical design of solutions where appropriate.
- Analyzing and verifying requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Managing delivery timelines and communications across all Business areas.
- Perform quality assurance testing on application changes and features within the ICT domain and to support Business users in their acceptance testing and any application training required.
- Contributing towards the implementation of changes to applications and provide post go-live support for the application maintenance team.
- Promoting and maintain strong delivery standards across the organization with a focus on both quality and timelines.
- Providing in-depth business context to the development and application maintenance teams where required and support in the resolution of high-priority Production support issues.
- Managing relationships with third-party service providers to monitor and improve where required the quality of support provided to end-users of trading applications.
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements :
- University degree in STEM subject or similar, or equivalent work experience.
- At least five years' experience working as a functional or technical Business Analyst.
- Knowledge of the Commodity and Energy markets is a requirement, experience with the Oil, Products and Biofuels markets is desirable.
- Knowledge of at least one ETRM package and relevant implementation experience is an asset.
- Strong familiarity with the software development lifecycle and experience in end-to-end delivery for change initiatives.
- Knowledge of programming and scripting languages, including SQL, is an asset.
- Knowledge of common Business Analysis methodologies and tools; formal Business Analysis or ICT qualifications are desirable.
- Knowledge of project management, Agile methodologies and service delivery tools and methodologies is an asset.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English; knowledge of Italian is an asset.
ETS Offices on Buckingham Palace Road, SW1, London. International business travel might be required.
At Eni, people are the key to our success, which is why our values are focused on diversity, and lifelong learning.
Eni evaluates applications regardless of candidates' personal and cultural characteristics or orientations. If your application is among those most in line with the required profile, you will be contacted to continue the selection process .
Together we have greater energy.
Welcome to Eni – and your future with a dynamic global business that operates across the entire energy supply chain. Eni’s 30,000 employees can be found on virtually every continent. Throughout the 67 countries we operate in, we work on some of the most significant energy projects in the world.
Our activities span oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
We’ve grown dramatically since our beginnings in 1953, but we’ve stayed true to our roots in many ways. Today we may be one of the largest companies in Italy and among the world’s most successful oil and gas companies in exploration, but our culture remains genuinely people-focused. Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations.
As for the future, we’re adapting to rapidly shifting market conditions as we complete our transformation into a fully integrated oil and gas company. Through our strong commitment to digitalisation and decarbonisation, Eni will continue to create sustainable value within this changing energy landscape.
We’re not only one of the world’s most successful energy companies — we pride ourselves on being a dynamic and exciting place to work as well. If you join us, you’ll play a key role in shaping the energies of the future.
At Eni you’ll enjoy a progressive, inclusive and forward-thinking environment, and a wide range of benefits and rewards. We care about our people's growth, which is why we invest in talent and offer development pathways to give everyone the same opportunity to flourish with us.
Reasons to join us
- Take on exciting challenges: Eni's focus is on big and ambitious projects. You'll take on challenging but rewarding work to help us extract energy at depths never reached before.
- A multicultural working environment: You’ll join a dynamic setting with cutting-edge facilities, the latest technology, and a rich and interesting mix of people from all backgrounds and specialisms.
- Make a difference in the world: Our purpose extends further than supplying energy to power the world. Sustainable development and respect for the environment is at the heart of everything that we do.
- Training and career growth: We provide training opportunities at the highest standard and encourage self-development, both in a personal capacity and a professional one.
- Compensation and incentive programmes: We reward you for your commitment and success through our competitive compensation policy, which is bespoke to each location’s local regulations.
- Pension programmes: Depending on your location, you could enrol in one of our contributory pension programmes.