Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is looking for a Project Geotechnical Engineer to join our growing West Palm Beach, Florida team. The candidate will support our strong backlog of projects in Florida and throughout the southeastern U.S. The selected canddiate will provide geotechnical engineering services for transportation, commercial and industrial development, infrastructure, water resources, and industrial-related projects.
- Provide geotechnical engineering support to project teams and assist with delivery of geotechnical projects to Wood's public- and private-sector clients
- Classify soil/rock samples in the field and in the laboratory
- Perform field construction inspection and testing
- Geotechnical engineering project management involving both office and field activities
- Collaboration and participation in technical discussions with Wood team members
Skills / Qualifications
- MS in Geotechnical Engineering
- 4+ years of experience in geotechnical engineering and field investigations
- Strong academic background and solid understanding of soil mechanics and local Florida soils and geology
- Current PE and eligible to apply for PE licensure in Florida
- Experience with drilling, field investigations, and laboratory testing
- Diverse experience in the following areas is highly desired:
- Pile and drilled shaft design and construction
- Slope stability
- MSE walls
- Construction QA/QC
- Bearing capacity and settlement predictions of shallow and deep foundations
- Good communication, report writing, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent time management and planning skills
- The ability and desire to interact with clients
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Proficiency with standard geotechnical engineering software such as FB-Deep, LPile, Driven, Shaft, Settle 3D (or similar), GeoStudio Suite SLOPE/W & SEEP/W (or similar). Finite element analysis experience is a plus but not required.
- Willing to travel for project-related work
Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.