Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Rotating Equipment
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Florence, Tuscany, Italy
Responsible for all activities relating to enhancing services technology integrating customer data, or capturing engines/products reliability, availability, maintenance, safety and other performance parameters. Includes hourly, non exempt and exempt employees as well as manager roles responsible solely for these activities. Comprehensive in-depth understanding of complex and highly technical concepts and principles in the own part of the function. Strong knowledge of technical concepts in technologies that intersect with own technical space.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support of installed base including activities such as customer issue resolution, fleet issues, service bulletin implementation, Monitoring & Diagnostics, fleet configuration, maintenance of fleet data, and outage management.
- Applies existing technologies, approaches, methodologies in new combinations to design new products, systems or processes.
- Coordinate multidisciplinary Engineering team (Global and HQ Product Service Product Engineering etc.) to expedite issues resolution and RCA completion, assuring a proactive approach in line with Customer's expectation
- Initiate and promote new lesson-learnt introduction to proactively improve fleet operations and to feed products improvements into new designs.
- Provide technical support to other functions (PM, CPM, FSE etc.) and Customer in outages upfront planning and during execution. This may include: review of applicable/applied NIC/SB, collection/analysis of asset/design variation to issue "As Running" documentation, coordination of FMEA, technical risk abatement plans.
- Lead RM&D based Trip Reduction Programs (TRP) coordinating the assigned Engineering team to define the most recurrent causes of trips and to identify possible corrective actions for fleet reliability improvements.
- Be promoter with the customer for any technical and digital solution that can be applied in the fleet to meet the plant targets in terms of reliability/availability and carbon emission reductions.
- Provide/discuss with Customer maintenance recommendation based on fleet operating experience, review maintenance operations and practices to improve availability
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or equivalent scientific field
- Substantial experience in a project-based Engineering or Service positions.
- Competence and experience on main turbomachinery technical disciplines, both for flange to flange and auxiliaries.
- Knowledge of BH TPS products and applications
- Willingness and ability to travel 30% of the time
- Sound analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Familiar with failure analysis steps and RCA process
- Motivated self-starter, promotes teamwork in a cross functional environment, and has excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.