Skills: Refinery / Plant Operator
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Portsmouth, New Hampshire, United States
Wood is seeking an experienced Groundwater Treatment Plant Operator to join our North Atlantic Operations Team in our Portsmouth, New Hampshire field office. Our North Atlantic Operations is a multi-disciplinary environmental, science, architecture, and engineering team of 150+ staff, based in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
This is a full-time position with responsibility for operating and maintaining two groundwater treatment plants as part of an operations team. The Operator will be responsible for maintaining the treatment systems, tracking system performance, and making recommendations for system improvements. One plant includes carbon filtration and ion exchange media filtration. The second includes metals precipitation, carbon filtration, ion exchange media filtrations, and sludge processing.
Why join our Portland Wood Team? We are a close-knit team of dedicated professionals working to find solutions for our diverse customer base! Our knowledgeable and skilled Architects, Engineers, Environmental Technicians & Scientists, Remediation Engineers, Chemists, Data Visualization Specialists are what make us known in the Industry and drive our recognition for delivering high quality and technical excellence. We realize this success is the result of the efforts and abilities of our people. With such large scope and brand recognition, our employees can work on complex and diverse projects. Our team takes pride in maintaining a small family like environment, while also having the structure, resources and opportunities of a large international organization.
Key Responsibilities :
- Groundwater treatment plant operation and maintenance
- Routine sampling, monitoring well gauging, and reporting and management
- General building maintenance
- Coordinating larger repairs/upgrades with management and outside contractors.
Skills / Qualifications
Basis/Required Qualifications :
- Minimum 5-years' experience with water treatment system operations and maintenance, specifically with chemical precipitation and clarification
- Minimum 5-years' experience with water sample collection
- Working knowledge of and proficiency with troubleshooting plumping, electrical, and SCADA systems
- Ability to pass a Transportation Security Administration background check for Airport Security Identification Display Area (SIDA)
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel
- Effective technical, written, and verbal communication skills
Preferred Qualifications :
- NH Wastewater Grade III/IV OIT or a Massachusetts Grade 4I Wastewater license or equivalent
- HAZWOPER 40-hr Training and current 8-hr refresher training
- Experience with ion exchange treatment technologies
- Experience with metals precipitation and settling systems
Physical Demands :
- Ability to remain on feet for extended periods of time either stationary or walking
- Field activities that may require working in unfavorable weather conditions, including heat and cold
- Completion of annual or bi-annual employment physical, as required
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.