Skills: IT - Networking & Telecom
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Network Engineer based in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon. This is a short-term contract full-time position with a duration of approximately twelve (12) months.
Wood Applied Intelligence, the largest vendor-independent system integrator in the world with proven stability for more than 20 years is looking for you! We have an exciting opportunity for a strong problem solver; an individual capable of thinking outside the box and taking initiative to address technical challenges.
This individual will work in the client office with potential to include working on site at client facilities. The successful candidate will have the ability to work effectively and diligently as an individual engineer and team member in front of both internal and external customers.
Join us and be part of an agile working team that can support office and home-based assignments. In return Wood offers a competitive salary, overtime pay, travel bonus, benefits surpassing legal requirements, and opportunities to strengthen existing skills and develop new skills.
We pride ourselves on solving real-world problems for our clients by providing full engineering, consulting, procurement, and construction services to our customers across the globe. Our automation team work on hands-on projects that span the full spectrum - from small integration projects to Main Automation Contractor programs for large, multi-EPC projects.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support senior level staff in all phases of automation projects, including:
- Front-end engineering through detailed design; procurement; configuration; implementation; startup and commissioning; and in various disciplines such as cybersecurity, telecom, architecture, networking, and specification development for automation system installations in the oil & gas and process industry.
- Gather and organize information to assist senior staff in preparation of telecoms and cybersecurity drawings / documents, system block diagrams, layout drawings, and calculations on assigned projects in accordance with Industry Standards & Specifications.
- Support resolution of technical issues with respect to Telecommunication systems.
- Support Factory Acceptance Test (FAT's) and Site Acceptance Test (SAT's) for Telecom equipment on assigned projects.
- Travel expected to customer locations for project implementation (25 - 50%).
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree is required, preferably in one of the following disciplines: Telecommunications, Computer Systems, Electronics, or related area.
- Experience with an operating company, systems vendor, or engineering services provider for the onshore or offshore oil & gas and/or energy industry, is preferred.
- Cisco Certified CCNA or CCNP course work is preferred.
- Three years' demonstrated experience in Networking and Information Technology including hands-on experience in at least two of the following is required:
- Data Communications and Networking - LAN/WAN networks, Ethernet wireless, switching, routing, and firewalls.
- Cisco hardware and applications
- Server and Workstations Virtualization
- Active Directory configurations
- Installation and configuration of antivirus, anti-malware, and vulnerability scanners
- External (Outside) Plant Cable Network Design; Structured Cable System Design; Voice Communication Design
- Knowledge of MS Office and AutoCAD is required.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills (in English and Spanish); must have a proficiency in English, and be able to communicate effectively with coworkers, clients, and vendors in person and remotely.
- Valid driver's license is required; Travel (driving a car) to/at client facilities (25 - 50%) is expected.
- Must be Mexican Citizen or authorized to work lawfully in Mexico, without sponsorship from Wood.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.