Skills: Geotechnical Engineer
Experience: 13 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
To support Wood's growth, we are currently seeking to fill a Junior Geotechnical Engineer position for our West Palm Beach office. As a Junior Geotechnical Engineer you will provide support to the intermediate and senior level geotechnical engineers on a wide variety of projects. In the position you will be exposed to high quality mentoring and professional development opportunities. The position will involve significant time out of town in the field and possibly rotational field assignments.
- Geotechnical engineering on a wide variety of projects including commercial, industrial, mining, oil and gas, infrastructure and others
- Construction monitoring on projects including, excavations, subgrade and shallow foundation inspections, pile installation monitoring, embankment performance monitoring, etc.
- Geotechnical drilling and soil logging
- Installation and monitoring of geotechnical instrumentation such as slope inclinometers, standpipes, pneumatic and vibrating wire piezometers, settlement plates, etc.
- Preparation of field reports, and assisting with the preparation of geotechnical reports and proposals
- Data reduction, analysis, and design including slope stability, seepage and settlement modelling etc.
- Willingness to travel within Western and Northern Canada including working in conjunction with other Wood offices
- Maintain and develop client relations
- Provide excellent customer service and a commitment to technical excellence
- Other duties as assigned
Skills / Qualifications
- A Bachelor's degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering; a post graduate degree in Geotechnical Engineering would be an asset
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of geotechnical and/or materials testing field experience which can include previous summer or co-op employment terms in geotechnical/materials engineering, engineering consulting, geological fieldwork or earthworks construction
- A strong professional desire to develop a career in the field of geotechnical engineering
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Currently registered or eligible for registration as an Engineer in Training (EIT)
- Physically able to lift and hike in rugged/remote terrain conditions
- Ability to travel frequently to a variety of out of town project sites
- Hold a valid driver's license
- Safety is your first priority while working
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.