Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Skills: Engineering Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood PLC, on a global scale, serves the Pharma-Bio, Oil & Gas, Federal, Infrastructure, Manufacturing, Mining, and Power Industries. Our Philadelphia office has become the center of excellence for our global Life Sciences network. It provides process engineering, process design, and commissioning - qualification - validation (CQV) services to pharmaceutical/biotechnology clients worldwide. For projects of every scale, we provide services that support a facility's entire life cycle to bring life-saving therapeutics from concept through fruition. Learning from our team of industry-leading experts in facility design, regulatory standards, and project management will pay dividends toward your future engineering career.
Our CQV group at Wood is growing and we are adding to our well respected and established team of CQV Specialists. We are looking for candidates experienced in commissioning, qualification and/or validation within the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, vaccine, and aseptic processing spaces. If you are interested in working with a global leader in life sciences and possess the skill and drive to flourish in a dynamic and exciting environment, apply today!
We welcome candidates from all regions to apply who are open to 100% travel to complete assignments at client sites
****This position offers a competitive salary, opportunty for growth, and a signing bonus.
- Preparation, execution of CQV life cycle deliverables and execute deviation resolution.
- Ability to read, review and perform walk downs of P&IDs.
- Effectively interface and communicate with client and CQV project teams.
- Ability to multi-task and adjust priorities to meet aggressive project timelines.
- Use of test equipment as required.
- Complete work at client sites, the ability to travel 100% of the time is essential.
- Ability to complete work remotely, as required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in engineering (preferably) or life sciences or suitable industry experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of direct experience in CQV and/or Engineering.
- Understanding of CQV and a willingness to learn additional skills required to author and execute deliverables such as CTPs, IOQs and PQs.
- Strong and clear communication skills, both written and verbal
- Understanding with knowledge of common unit operations and processes used in biopharma/pharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Knowledge and practice of cGMPs as related to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong computer skills.
- Customer service oriented.
- Ability to work safely and keep the safety of those around in mind.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to recognize hazards and communicate these to the appropriate individuals.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, crouch, sit, and stand and may require close vision work
- Ability to work at an active construction site is required.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.