Skills: Drilling Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Workover or Completion
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Westhill, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Senior Drilling Engineer (Well Abandonments) for a contract position, located in Aberdeenshire.
Within technically challenging areas, with budgetary and time constraints, the job holder will play an important role in optimising well operations and ensuring that well abandonments are fit for purpose. The abandonment campaign planning is currently ongoing with project execution planned for end Q1 2022. The candidate will be capable of joining a team to support the preparation and execution of the project, which due to the nature of abandonments will require flexibility and quick response to dynamic situations.
- Demonstrate commitment to safety at all times.
- Assist the Drilling Superintendent with preparation for the drilling campaign
- Assist the Drilling Superintendent to manage the abandonment operations through execution
- Responsibilities include:
- Well abandonments designed and prepared in accordance with UK Oil & Gas Regulations and Company Rules.
- Prepare operational programmes, BEIS/HSE permits/notifications and procedures (including SIMOPS AND Bridging Documents) in a timely manner to meet the project's schedule.
- Implementation of engineering work plans, providing live engineering support to operations
- Organise and supervise technical studies and apply technical skills and innovative thinking to obtaining positive outcomes.
- Propose changes and/or innovations with properly identified risks and expected benefits to drive a more efficient delivery of project.
- Collaborate with relevant Geoscience metiers in the organisation and preparation of wells "Scope of Work".
- Ensure safe working practices are implemented in the development of operational programmes.
- Maintain the well status sheet up to date.
- Preparation of wells budget and duration and ensure accurate cost follow-up is done, on a minimum of a weekly basis.
- Liaise with the Well Examiner and ensure all programs are in line with the Well Examination Scheme.
- Organise, participate and when required lead task forces to resolve engineering/technical issues.
- Ensure material stock remains compatible with the schedule and update/follow up equipment preparation for routine/non-routine operations.
- Provide the required technical documentation and input to allow call for tenders and award of contracts for the provision of services specific to the drilling and abandonment related contracts required for operations.
- Organise and participate in HAZID/HAZOP when required and ensure recommendations are applied.
- Effective management of contracts (operational cost) with a view to optimising value.
- Act as stand in for the Superintendent in his absence, covering chain of command and operational responsibilities.
- Offshore visits where required to deliver Pre-spud type presentation to rig crew.
- The job holder will hold a BSc or MSc or equivalent in appropriate engineering discipline (Mechanical, Chemical, Offshore or Petroleum) and will demonstrate experience in well engineering.
- High level of engineering knowledge in drilling and completion.
- Previous subsea abandonment engineering experience beneficial.
- Organisational skills to prioritise and manage a heavy workload in a rapidly changing environment.
- Good computer skills, especially in Drilling Engineering softwares
- Job Holder will be committed to developing skills and experience in technical discipline
- Knowledge of contractual/legal/terms & conditions
- IWCF Level 4, Offshore Medical & required BOSIET for travelling to offshore rigs in the UK North Sea