Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 75 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 17,000 team members and 380 operating locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
Has overall responsibility of identifying new vendors, develop and onboard them with support from Engineering and Quality. Assess supplier capabilities, conduct feasibility studies, and make recommendations on new supplier acceptability. Responsible for coordination with Product Lines on technical aspects for externally sourced materials. This job is about identifying new vendors and not that of a Buyer.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Responsible for setting and executing Sourcing strategies in consultation with Category Management and Product Line personnel
- Independently run RFX events and provide recommendations to the internal and external stakeholders based on scorecard-driven analysis
- Maintaining continuous communication with external suppliers during multiple phases from First Article development to Contract Award, Production rollout and Post-Award Contract Management.
- Liaise with Manufacturing and Operating facilities to realize the success of the Sourcing strategies.
- Maintain and harness new supplier relationship through frequent communication, sharing supplier scorecards, in-person visits etc.
- Ensure data accuracy and consistency in ERP system and Contract databases
- Prepare RFX packages by working closely with Quality and Engineering prior to release.
- Know and understand the Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- A thorough understanding of Strategic Sourcing principles / concepts.
- Demonstrated experience in setting and executing Sourcing strategies in collaboration with Category Managers
- Enthusiastic and passionate about interacting with internal and external (machine shops, raw material mills and distributors etc.) stakeholders, ability to influence without direct authority
- Commercially savvy in negotiating Contracts (MPAs, Pricing Agreements etc.) to bring lowest TCO to the Organization.
- Experience reviewing Engineering documentation such as machine drawings, BOMs, material specifications etc.
- Understand the RFX process and run Sourcing events with domestic and international suppliers
- Strong analytical skills in interpreting the RFX results and develop recommendations for the internal stakeholders
- Understanding of fundamental financial concepts, internal and external cost drivers
- Understanding of Business Controls Policies, Processes and Procedures
- Advanced user of MS Excel including manipulation of large sets of data through pivot tables, lookups etc.
- Experience in ERP systems (JDE modules preferred)
- Self-driven and independent in carrying out tasks with little or remote supervision.
- "Can do" attitude and ability to think "on the go" when faced with challenges
- 5-7+ years of relevant experience